Gta Iv

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who cheats to make any game fun?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Look up cheats in google, and you'll get an idea.

3. the only way that i ever got any fun out of GTA was when i put cheats in to get the guns and crap like that... the only problem that i have with these games is that its hard to really memorize where everything is

4. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

If you go to break.com and type in GTA, they had a video preview of it a couple months ago, and it looked incredible

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Is this Michael Griffin lol?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Required? You are making it sound as if EA is obligated by law to make quality games, when in fact they are just a company providing a service - just like any other company. It's up to you to decide whether you want to use their service or not, or in other words, buy their game or not buy it.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I used the word required because I was talking about all kinds of business, not just videogames. I could have used the word expected instead if that makes it different.

And you're right I can choose to not buy it and I haven't bought a Madden game since 2001, however that doesn't mean I can't point out that EA are slacking because they managed to monopolize the market or try to persuade other people not to waste their money on a subpar product.

8. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Required, expected, wanted... it's pretty much the same thing here. As a private business, you don't have to improve a mediocre product if you don't want to, just don't expect people to buy it... unless you are EA and you are making a certain video game.

And no one said that you cannot voice your opinion, I don't know where that came from. The point is that Madden's lack of progress is directly related to the huge amount of gamers that buy it every year, thus EA doesn't feel like doing any drastic changes to the game... more like an 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' attitude. That is true for many other games out there.

IGN's How to Kill a Franchise makes a good point...

The Madden series is a hot topic every year because fan boys love to point out that the new game doesn't bring anything earth-shattering to the table. "It's only a roster update!" the forums constantly proclaim when a new Madden hits the streets, and most years it seems like they're right. Madden Football has become so formulaic over the years, yet we as gamers need only point the finger at ourselves for the downturn in pigskin quality. It seems like every fall Madden tops the sales charts, no matter how many hardcore fans stand on the soap boxes proclaiming that the game delivers nothing new.

Possibly the biggest element to aid in the slaying of Madden Football was the exclusivity deal that dropped in 2005. Basically it freed EA from having to compete with 2K Sports, thus removing the pressure of developing new features every year. Remember when 2K made an attempt at first-person football? Did it work? Nope. Was it a great thing to at least try? Absolutely. Now EA doesn't need to worry about competing with anyone. They set the bar, no matter how low that bar may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar