Grimes signed by Fins...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Like I said just a couple posts above, the only way the Rams could afford to do that would be to cut Finnegan... And he will be cut as long as he refuses a pay cut, so it is a possibility.

Vikings would make sense. Their secondary is horrible. Although I still have high hopes for Xavier Rhodes.

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

We fell asleep again! He would have been an upgrade for us!

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He was still with the Dolphins when he signed this deal. Free agency hasn't started yet.

They just way overpaid for him anyways. You don't pay a 30 year old corner $8mil a year.

And in case you are referring to missing out on him last year in FA... He was coming off an ACL injury at nearly 30 years old. He was a risk, and the Dolphins paid him more than any team wanted to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I dont like the contract if Im a Phins fan, guy probably wont see the end of that deal. 30, kind of slow IMO to be making that kind of dough.

But Verner making that kind of money wouldn't be so bad. He's just now starting to hit his prime, we'd be lucky to lock him up thru 2017 right now. It is a little high, but the cap has been trending up every year, we could absorb it.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Sorry that I don't like average players. This team is full of average players.

Look at the offense. You have Wright, Washington, Roos and then a bunch of overpriced, old, unproven or crap guys.

Defense you have Casey, McCourty and Verner(for the next week) and then a bunch of unproven or average players. I want to like Zach Brown, but after that crap he pulled last year it's impossible. I want to like Akeem Ayers, but him being invisible doesn't help. I used to like McCarthy before he fell off the map.

I'll put it this way, there's only one jersey I'd buy right now and it's Wright.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

Yet you sport the #99 jersey on goTitans

7. Fry

He only has one year left on his contract. We let DTs go all the time. If we re-sign him I'll add him to the list.

And I usually favor defensive guys anyway, too bad most of ours are average :disappointed:

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'll agree we have too many average players right now, but I'm not trying to trash on our productive average players. Pollard, Morgan, Warmack, LeVitre, Schwenke, Ropati, Zach Brown, and Sensabaugh are all average/above average players that contribute greatly to our success. If we can add a couple studs somewhere in there we can be a dangerous team. Matter of fact I would say if we had a good/great QB (Think Romo, Ryan, Luck) not even an elite qb on this roster we would be a very dangerous team and perennial playoff contenders.

BTW you just trashed on Verner and McCourty in this thread then put them on the list of players you like.

9. JCBRAVE

I think we'll keep Casey. Finding disruptive DT's is hard, but CB's we seem to know where to find the gems. If Verner walks, that doesn't mean we let Casey go.

10. Fry

Warmack and Levitre contributed to us sucking. Schwenke gets a pass because he was playing with a bad ankle. And I haven't given up on the other two, but to say they didn't suck wouldn't be true.
    Calling guys a #2 CB when they're a #2 CB isn't trashing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar