Griffin vs. Nelson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I always thought that nelson was better than griffen but we had the choice between the two and we went w/ griffen.

what are ur thoughts?

woulda hv preffered nelson over griffen?

...debate

2. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

nope, griffin all the way he reminds me of ed reed...and he fits our system better

3. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Nelson doesn't fit our system very well playing in the box/SS

He's more of a center fielder/true FS and ballhawk

Griffin is stronger and better in run support

4. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bHzIRmVQ0Qo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bHzIRmVQ0Qo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I've been advocating the Griffin pick for months and while my opinion on grabbing a safety round one changed, I still believe he is a better player than Nelson. He has great speed and can drop back in coverage, but is also an excellent hard hitting tackler who actually led the Longhorns the last two years. Griffin is also a special teams demon, I believe he blocked 8 kicks himself during his career.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Griffin was absolutely the right pick. Nelson is a system guy... Griffin is a differnce maker. Great first choice.

8. dgood

dgood Guest

I saw on several sites that Griffin is the best in the draft. And plus, I think he will end up being on a Roy Williams level.....GREAT PICK!

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

man i hope not

10. dgood

dgood Guest

Whats wrong with Roy Williams, he is a great player!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar