Griffin to be franchised!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanoiler

titanoiler Starter

via rotoworld

A league source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Titans are likely to use their franchise tag on FS Michael Griffin by Monday's deadline for tags to be applied.Whereas it would have cost Tennessee over $10 million to use the cornerback tag on free agent Cortland Finnegan, the safety tag only costs about $6.2 million. The Titans have Alterraun Verner in place to start for Finnegan, but safeties with playmaking ability like Griffin's are hard to come by. Griffin would be the third NFL safety tagged so far, joining Tyvon Branch and Dashon Goldson. Mar 4 - 11:38 PM

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just saw on Twitter.

Time for me to tie a noose.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I thought this would happen. Because the lack of depth we have, and the weak prospects in free agency and the draft.

While I do not like the idea of having Griffin another year, I doubt we would have found an upgrade to his position. Hopefully he decides to have a good year next season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

The only good thing about Griffin is when the ball is near him, he picks it. That's why some call him a playmaker. Dumb statement. Just shows how journalists will watch like two highlights or glance at a players stance to come up with this crap.

Unfortunately, Griffin is out of position 80% of the time and the ball is rarely close to him.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Meh. Had to happen. I never saw us drafting Barron. Good chance he isn't even at 20. Hopefully get a guy who can contribute in a year or draft a rook next year to take over.

7. RavensShallBurn

I kind of hope he sucks, so we can move on. If he decides to have a good season we will want him back, long-term.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

True

I just don't understand how he became the way he was. He is probably the most up and down guy I have ever seen in the NFL. But looking at his career, it looks like he is due for a good season lol.

9. RavensShallBurn

No wonder people think he's good.

17 INTs and 7 forced fumbles.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He had an outstanding career at UT also.....like 6 or 7 blocked punts. He has a knack for big plays......making and giving.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar