Griffin says Titans are a “different team” now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Bonky

Bonky Starter Tip Jar Donor

I plead "no contest".
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Starter

Depends on if he was touched by a tree, and if said tree communicated with other trees that :cj: had been touched.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  3. 520

520 Starter

Full circle
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

.....You contradicted yourself bigggg time here!
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

Not unless you changed the definition of contradict to "Said something TWW2 couldn't comprehend".
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

You guys are confusing whether an organic organism is SENTIENT with the ability to simply communicate.

MANY non-sentient organic organisms do communincate with other organisms and/or their environment. There are many forms of communication.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. 520

520 Starter

So you on my side huh riverman
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

Thank you. Ten_Titans can't comprehend that there are many forms of communication. He contradicts himself by giving me a definition, then saying definitions don't mean anything.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I skimmed thru a lot of this not really reading closely, but spreading pollen or releasing chemicals is a form of communicating. Dont be so literal Ten_Titans
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

I didn't say definitions don't mean anything. You said that definitions are just man made, and are open to interpretation. They aren't. Definitions represent concepts. You can't bend the definition to fit what you think the concept is. The concept IS the definition.

Speaking of concepts, this is one that is taught to elementary school kids by their librarian. I shouldn't have to explain to you why definitions themselves can't be disputed.

Sure, if atoms bumping into each other is also communication. Same principles apply.

Call it being "literal", if you want. Neither of those are communication. By definition.

They are interaction. The two should not cause as much confusion as they are in this thread.