Griffin bouncing back and forth at safety spots

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

If their is a stud safety in next years class, I can consider that before a CB.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget Finnegan, McCourty is a better No.1, there will be NO drop off this year.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I hope your right but I highly doubt it! Finnegan brought intensity and leadership to our defense that is not replaceable! Was he a lock down corner? No, but he was a fiesty good tackling corner that brought more to the game than just talent! I also believe that he was a better lock down corner than mccourty!

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What hurts with the loss of Finny more than anything is how it hurts our depth and our nickle package. Verner is just as good in the nickle as Finny was. McCourty is just as good outside as Finny was. But the nickle package of Verner, McCourty and Finny is better than Verner, McCourty and Campbell. What scares me the most is if either Verner or McCourty go down for any length of time....then we are looking at our nickle package being Verner, Campbell, and Hawkins. That is not good.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitansWillWin2

Either way if we dont get any pressure on the qb were gonna get toasted in the secondary all day long!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Leadership is easily replaceable if you have someone the team respects. McCourty is that guy, he may actually command more respect than Finnegan. I'm not gonna sit hear and try knocking Cortland Finnegan for anything, because he gave his all 100% of the time. But if you think there's much if any kind of drop off from what Cortland did and what J-Mad does, you're silly.

7. TitansWillWin2

Lets see mccourty make an all pro team once or even a pro bowl before we say there is no drop off. McCourty is not as physical as finnegan was and really has only started one full season. Im hoping he will be good as finny but its still to early to tell. Your homerism is getting ya here a little be JC

8. JCBRAVE

McCourty is already MORE physical than Finnegan, and bigger and stronger too. I'm now convinced you don't know anything about Jason McCourty.

Jim Wyatt has said he feels McCourty was the Titans defensive MVP last year, and I agree 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar