Greg Cosell likes Carlos Hyde to Tennessee @ 42

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Honestly, I like A. Williams out of Boston College just as much, and he could be had in the 4th.

That guy is a bruiser with underrated speed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hyde I am losing interest in a bit. Looks closer to LenDale White than Eddie George.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

THANK YOU!

That is exactly what I am saying.

Big difference in the kind of weight those guys had.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

True but even a fat out of shape White plowed over guys and got us in the playoffs.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

I'd pass on this dude, not even close to eddie, imo. I'd rather get a back later in the draft. If cj is gone we got mccluster (scatback) and greene (weak a## power back), we could get our greene replacement in williams or mason later.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hyde is the only RB that you can build around in this draft. With Tre Mason being the 2nd potential 'build around' offense. Hyde has the Marshawn Lynch potential effect for an offense. I'd take him in a heartbeat with our 2nd, but I don't think he'll be available then.

1st - Barr or Gilbert
    2nd - QB
    4th - RB

If Hydes gone, i'd be OK with that.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Bingo.This guy is perfect for us. Aside from not having many receptions the only real question I had about him was speed and his combine 40 more than answered that. He doesn't have nearly the amount of hype Hyde does and could be available in the 4th.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I wouldn't hate Williams but he is stiff as a 2x4 when moving. Although a north and south runner would be a nice change I have reservations about his power and tackle breaking ability translating to the NFL with how little wiggle he has. Not too mention he offers very little in the receiving game.

I wouldn't be mad about Hill or Hyde round 2. Although I think with the position devalued we could get a good back round 4 like Freeman.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I love the way Andre Williams runs. What a bruiser who's always fighting hard for yards. He's worth a 4th or 5th.

Issue with Williams is he's never had a college reception. zero. Apparently his on the field receiving drills were embarrassingly bad. That really stinks if you can't trust a guy to catch a check down even.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This is concerning...He seems like a coachable kid but hands seem to be tough to coach. We don't need him to be Marshall he just has to learn how to catch a screen or swing pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar