Green or Huard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably because he is a hack like we all said.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Finances..

Green was going to cost the chiefs $9M against the cap with a salary this year of $7.2M. The chiefs asked him to take a $2M salary cut.

The chiefs ended up releasing green and signing huard to a 3 year $7.2M deal.

Green signs with miami for 3 years $13.5M..

I believe that had they released huard first green would then have agreed to the salary cut in a new deal after all he took less to play for miami. So in short huard is costing them almost exactly half what green would have. Huard is the better value.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wg is right re ginn..

Ginn is a rookie in his first camp and is coming off an injury. Why would he be starting on the outside especially when he is best in the slot?

He will likely be their #3 WR and will be hard pressed to match welcker's production from last year.

Why didn't the dolphins just keep welcker and draft quinn? Why didn't they trade down and get ginn anyway? Why do they keep commiting to QBs who can't help them much? Harrington sucks, culpepper damaged, green old? The finns are the bad organization!

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Let me rephrase. The Dolphins have one of the worst front offices in football.

5. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Trent green is 37 years old, why would you keep him? its not like he has been leading the team to the playoffs.

And i have no clue why the dolphins took ted ginn in the first round, that was a terrible decision. My cousin and brother who are ohio state fans think ginn is gonna be so great. I tried to explain that anthony gonzales woulda been a better pick for the dolphins if they were gonna get a receiver from ohio state. They tried to tell me that ginn was gonna be like devin hester, i laughed and said yeaaaahh riiiight. For one thing ted ginn dances around to much and could out run people at ohio state, you cant do all that in the nfl. and devin hester has faster football speed and better vision. Ted ginn just looks terrible tryin to do returns.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Casey Printers is the most talented quarterback on KC's roster. But, chances are he's no better than #3 on their depth chart.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Printers a nice pickup..

He's been their best QB in the pre-season a former candian league mvp. He gives them insurance in case croyle isn't what they hoped.

Certainly printers has outplayed croyle to this point. He's got good size and while he's been around a little with 3 years in canada he is still just 26, 2 years older than croyle is so they can be patient with him..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar