Greedy or Grown Up?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

greedy or grown up?...doesn't matter, as long as he keeps slammin somebody!

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Haynesworth Finally a Dominating Tackle

SUMMARY: Never before has Titans DT Albert Haynesworth started a season as dominating as he's started this one. “By far the last three weeks [he has been dominant], primarily because he’s been on the field. He’s in really good shape and he’s been very, very disruptive,” Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. Haynesworth has 18 tackles in three games and leads the DL with 12 solo stops for a defense that currently ranks second in the NFL against the run. He also has eight QB hurries so far this season including one sack. His position coach Jim Washburn says Haynesworth has simply matured. “He’s playing the best he has since he’s been here,” Washburn said. “He just turned 26, and now he realizes that it takes more than just being big and strong. He’s aware of his need for conditioning and technique now.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I've noticed him playing consistantly as well. I wonder if his contract is winding down? Or, does he not like Brown showing him up???

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

That is bad news for QB'S around the league, "BIG ALBERT" is healthy this year and, he is a force to deal with in the front plus "KVB" coming behind at 100 mph, i even get scared my self thinking about it :scared: ! GO TITANS :yes: :cheers3:

:coltssuk:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah a combination of reasons he is doing so well. I think that incident last year got to him and he wanted to really show that isn't how he is. I honestly don't think the money is the main or only reason for this..

He has always been a good player who stops the run and eats up blockers and he has had periods of great play like this but this year he is in better shape and has another excellent player along side of him. Doesn't hurt that tony brown and starks are both playing well either.

Remember the ravens game from 05?

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Yep, absolutely unblockable. He was moving double teams 3 yards into the backfield practically every play. :grrhee:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I remember thinking "this is Albert's coming out party" and that he'd taken that step to elite status.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The guy has 18 tackles already! Unbelievable for a DT and he is getting penetration rushing the QB. Right now he is our defensive MVP so far. We have to get him re-signed. I really believe he has matured and has learned from his past mistakes. I think it has made him a better man.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The turnaround..

This turnaround occurred when haynesworth met me at the wild noodle. Knowing that i was the internationally famous rolltide he was inspired to greatness. Plus he didn't want me bashing him on the board. :))

So give me the credit!:yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar