GREAT TIME TO BE A TITANS FAN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanthakur, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

My bro? I didn't want to draft him in the first place. I wanted Leonard Williams and to roll with Mett. I have no problem being critical of him, but he's been having a very solid year. Some poor decisions have led to losses, but not as many losses as can be put on the secondary. Mariota has improved as the year goes on, the secondary has not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Why are those the only choices? Because we drafted MM so high? I had no problem with Collins while he was here. Fitz is starting on another team. Just because our franchise sucks doesn't mean we have to keep settling for projects. I said this about VY and I will say it about MM. I hope like hell he gets it, and becomes the best QB we ever had, but right now he isn't. Whether he will be remains to be seen, but most of you think it's only a matter of time. Super, you are entitled to your hopes and dreams, but I remain cautiously optimistic. Potential won't even buy you a cup of coffee. Stay tuned.

• Troll Troll x 3
  3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We knew coming in we had no secondary. Our only hope was that MM would improve greatly and put up a lot of points to outscore other teams. At times he does, and other times he doesn't. Maybe too much pressure for him, but he's had a year and 23 games. Time to quit making the same mistakes over and over again and get with it. I see you just rated me a troll again after me taking time to explain my actions. Only a retard would do that. Sorry I took the time to even type this. Don't bother to reply. I won't see it. Off to iggy land.

• Troll Troll x 1
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Lol I didn't realize Mariota had this much pressure on himself in a RUN first offense. And over the past 6 weeks he leads the NFL in TD passes. Plus he is like Top 5 in scoring. You really coming off retarded right now. You are basically saying Mariota isnt the guy yet because he hasn't made up enough for the sorry ass play of the secondary?

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The franchise list of great QB's is pretty low even dating back to Houston. Who are these gems you put above Mariota, even at his current level? I'll give you Moon and McNair. Maybe Pastorini? Since you talked about him, maybe Collins? (I disagree with Collins)

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Mariota playing like he is right now with the 2008 defense and we win the Super Bowl.

Again, you have all of the answers on who we should NOT have picked on our team but you've yet to answer who we should have picked up as our QB. Maybe we should have paid $72million and grabbed a sure thing like Osweiler, right?

I can't think of any other young QB or free agent that we actually had a shot at getting that's playing better than Mariota is right now and he's getting better and better as he gets experience and more weapons.

It's easy to point to problems and just complain that something isn't working. Like I always tell my employees at my company, I don't want to waste time and energy hearing about the problem, focus on the solution and let me know when they have the solution to the problem. You have yet to offer one other solution at the QB position that we could have come up with better than Mariota. Sorry, but Tom Brady is already on another team.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

put up a lot of points like leading the league in TDs?

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It is not my job to evaluate talent nor to coach players and make them better. AAS had decided that MM is the guy, so we have to live with that. I have no more "solution" than you do whenever you complain about the Titans. Don't make asinine statements. I am just tired of MM playing good one week and bad the next, but I don't know the guy or work with him every day. It's up to his coach to fix it. Just tired of seeing the same reruns week after week. We can beat lame ass teams, but when we play teams just slightly better we fold up. Of course all of this is not on him, but I wish he would step up his play to help out the pathetic defense we have. He gives me no reason to believe he has any sense of urgency about winning. Bad pass on 3rd down....oh well, walk off the field. This team lives and dies on what he does. He cashed the check, time to be the guy.

9. meekmode

meekmode Starter

How did he play bad? He did exactly what you and many others said he needed to do to win, no turnovers and stretch the defense with the deepball to give the running game room. You realize mariota played good enough to get a win on the majority of football teams? WE ARE A LAME ASS TEAM stop acting like mariota is holding back a playoff caliber roster. Complaining about not getting third downs, tell me this, do you even know where the titans rank in third down efficiency? let me know ;) hint they are 5th in the league. Mariota has bailed out this offence on third down so many times it's pathetic, the run game isn't getting it done first of all. running for no gain and then 1 yard and blaming mariota for the dead drive is absolutely hilarious.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

WHAT?!!! I need you to break this one down. No sense of urgency about winning? The coaches call the no huddle offense. Every time they do, we seem to see a more successful offense. If you're looking for deep passes every drive with 100% completion rate every game and a 100% 3rd down success rate you clearly have unreasonable expectations as no team ever has done this.
    I'm not even sure what urgency about winning even looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar