Great Ramses Barden Article

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Gilbert is a 3rd rndr who probably is grabbed in rnd 2 because of his awesome athleticism. As a 2nd rndr...he's a very big boom or bust player though he's probably worth a 2nd rnd pick for a 3-4 team as a DE. I wouldn't take him in rnd 2...although it is interesting that Rex Ryan ran his DL drills at his Pro Day...if the titans think he can be a DT, they COULD take him in rnd 2. But I don't think they will.

No way is Hicks falling to the end of rnd 2. And frankly, I'd be shocked if Britt fell that far as well. I'd be surprised if Hicks isn't gone in the first rnd and Britt by the middle of the 2nd.

I wouldn't be crying if we took Barden in the 2nd, but he's got a lot of work to do as a WR outside of the redzone. As I've said before, his production against inferior competition doesn't mean he's great, it means he CAN play with the big boys. Did he dominate in the Senior Bowl or Senior Bowl practices (his level of competition - not yet NFL competition)? No. But he showed he belongs. He doesn't run routes that well and will have to make that adjustment before he sees more action than catching fades in the endzone. While he does have GREAT hands, he needs to do a better job bringing down contested jump balls. He will also need to learn a complete NFL route tree.

I like his attitude, his size, his hands, and desire (good run blocker) but he's not a sure thing yet. His measureables say 2nd rnd but the improvement needed (and therefore risk) says rnd 3. Guys similar to him have gone in rnd 3-4 (Stovall, Brandon Marshall).

If I were a man cover D team, Butler would now be my first choice at CB since Jenkins doesn't seem to have the speed, Davis has serious attitude and inconsistent play issues, Smith and Moore don't have the speed nor size and Sean Smith is too iffy for mid-first rnd consideration. I wouldn't take any of these cb's in the top 10 if I played 50% or more zone on D. If you're mostly a zone team, you'd have to consider Jenkins, Butler, ASmith in rnd 1...possibly SSmith.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar