Great Link for 2008 FREE AGENTS

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

http://www.theredzone.org/2008/freeagents/

Great link. Fairly updated.
    Listed by position and team.

Sticky maybe?

I've been drooling on some of the names on WR position.
    I'm guessing we might try to get our hands on a proven WR instead of 'guess and draft' to kickstart Heimerdinger and Vince's relationship.

God knows how desperately we need a TE and the Colts will have to deal with both Dallas Clark and Bryan Fletcher in the offseason. I'd be happy if they let Clark test the market.. :evil:

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Dallas Clark would be huge if we could sign him, maybe he'd want to jump ship like Nick Harper did last year? Another note: Am I the only one that believes that maybe Kearse can ressurect his career back in Tennesse? He WILL be cut by the Eagles this year n if we can get him at a good price I say do it. Re-sign Hayne, them you hav him and KVB on the sides, that could be a force.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

The Colts will not let Clark get away even if they have to franchise him. That said, he sure would look good in 2 tone blue wouldn't he?

4. titans4life10

Will they even have the money to franchise? The Colts are soon to be in the Cap Hell that Tennessee was a couple years ago. Look how many people they had to let go last year becuz they werent even going to be able to sign draft picks. If they dont franchise him, then i would put your hopes up for Clark in that two tone blue.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

With Pacman likely gone, I think securing a free agent corner should be a priority.

The top 5 corners available are:

Samuel
    Asomugha
    Trufant
    Drayton Florence
    Brian Kelly
    (and probably Dre Bly - who is due a $9m roster bonus from Denver)

I'd love Asomugha or Trufant, but they will probably both be franchised.

I can see us making a play for Kelly or Bly.

6. titans4life10

Samuel will be the Nate Clements of last year...someone will extremely over pay him, hopefully not Tennessee. Im ok with Florence, he might want out of SD with the rise of Cromartie.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Who are the receivers that you're drooling over?

As far as I can tell, we're gonna end up with someone like Bernard Berrian or Bryant Johnson. Those guys aren't exactly superstars.

8. titans4life10

I thought the samething about the WR...you are dreaming if you think Moss is a possibility, unless NE is really going for one shot and thats it. Johnson is no better than what we currently have, Berrian is the only one i can say might be legitamely good considering the QB's he has had throwing at him. And i thought Stokley signed an extension?

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The colts will have the cap to franchise Clark this year, and Polian has said they definitely will if they don't get a contract done.

10. titans4life10

Well i figure them to Franchise him anyway, but that could be to just prolong the inevitable. Colts have dealt out alot of money in the last 3 year, its going to catch up with them real soon. You can only hold a superbowl team together for so long. But hey we can always dream for Clark cant we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar