Great Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cold hard steel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

This makes no sense. Didn't they just play 4 quarters where both teams had multiple possessions? Now, you're giving them one more chance, each, to score and then playing the exact same overtime rules that are currently in place.

Sudden death works as it is. You never hear the winning team crying about the system. All the Titans had to do was stop the Steelers and score. They couldn't. That's the game.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm buying into it. Give each team the ball. No FGs allowed. If still tied after both have their shot, then go to sudden death.

The NFLPA would never allow it.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Seemed pretty hard to play for a field goal for the first 4 quarters last night.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I miss Jared Cook, :(

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

To the guy who was talking smack: I will change the channel. I find college football not half as exciting as the NFL. Screw the BCS. The only thing I find interesting about the NCAA is that is it is the next crop of NFL talent. I don't care if Tim Tebow is the greatest college QB of all time, if he fails in the NFL.
    If you fail at the highest level, then, in my eyes you are a failure.

You may argue with that sentiment, but most people would agree with me. What comes to mind when you think of Matt Leinart? Jason White? Alex Smith? You think that they were good to great college players, but just can't cut it in the NFL.

I have no problems with people who are big NCAA fans, but it isn't better.

I honestly don't think there is one thing I would trade from the NFL to the NCAA. The NCAA ends up adopting what the NFL does much of the time.

If we had stopped the Steelers, like we had done for much of the game, none of this unfairness crybabying would be going on. It's fair that you have 60 minutes to put up more points than the other team.

Gloat, it's all well and good to say you can turn off the game after the coin toss, but you know nobody who cares about the game would. One possession in that game definitely didn't necessarily mean points. Look at the score.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's just different when all a team's trying to do is kick a FG as opposed to score a TD. Nobody starts a drive hoping for a FG.

7. nickmsmith

doesn't matter. You still drive it down the field. The only difference is that you stop when you get to the 30 or so..

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I think a DT from each team ought to take turns kicking FG's from the 20. If he makes it, he gets a triple shot of liquor and moves back 5 to kick again.

Wait, even better. A cheerleader kicks and for every one made a shot of liquor and remove 1 article of clothing!!

Seriously though, I like the no FG OT rule.

9. nickmsmith

I think they should have potato sack races for the win.

Or the race where you have to put your forehead on the baseball bat and spin 20 times, then first one to make it to the end zone wins.

It would add a whole new dimension of fun to the game. Plus it's totally fair, and not time consuming. It's a win-win, overall.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

put a football on the 50 yard line. 1 player from each team lines up on opposite goallines. ref blows whistle and the dude that ends up with the ball, their team wins. that would be tight. like XFL style

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar