Great game however?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Wow do we need special teams help. You know we started at like the 14 yard line the entire game and they started at the 40? Why is Griffin returning kickoffs? Why does the punt returner fair catch every punt even when he is on the 5 yard line? why is Chris Hope still a Titan? You never here his name except when receivers go running by him..You always see Griffin in on a tackle or running after a guy but never see Chris Hope?? Straiten out the special teams and we got a chance to run the table oooooo and remove Harper hes gets beat on every play

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

To continue with the "why's"..why cant they cover on the kickoff? Their coverage is absolutely abysmal !

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The last 2 kickoffs they just ceded 40 yards to the Texans, because they had no confidence they could stop them any farther back than that...kickoff coverage is broken, they know it, they have no answers...

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The kickoff is a concern and looks like a mix of Bironas not kicking deep enough with enough hang time and not enough speed on the coverage team. Bironas used to bang them into the endzone, but now they all land between the 2-10, well before the coverage guys are down there.

Besides the first return, Griffin actually did well return kicks. And Keasviharn had to fair catch those, Matt Turk simply made some great punts and the cover guys were right in his face every time.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I can understand him missing the field goal if his timiming with Kern isn't quite there yet but I've watched it again and Kern looks like he did a good job.

Unless he's carrying an injury, (which is possible of course) I don't know what's going on with Bironas' kick offs.

Kicking is a very unforgiving role. Anything less than perfect and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Why on God's green earth would Bironas kick short when they needed a FG to to win last night? I didn't get that strategy it allowed them two quick throws to get in FG range. I don't think Birona's is hurt, othwerwise he wouldn't be able to try long FG's either. Seems like they were guarding against a long return, still stupid if you ask me.

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I agree. We need help on special teams. With Fisher being a special teams player you think that would be one of our strenths.

8. bluebacker

bluebacker Camp Fodder

Didn't the rule of thumb used to be that you didn't fair catch anything inside the 10 yard line? At the very least, I would think that you would let it go if you're standing on the 5.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This area needs improvement. It was a sore thumb.

I was also dissapointed that our misdirection plays go to the side with CJ on it. Seems to me that any team with a remote degree of intelligence would follow CJ. So the misdirection ought to go opposite CJ like it did on the LB read that Vince kept and went for 7 or 8 yards. The TE screen to Scaife was also on CJ's side on 3rd down. That makes no sense to have CJ 5 yards downfield ahead of Scaife because that is where the attention will be. Scaife was a dead man as soon as he caught it. You run that to the other side he probably goes for 10 yards. But all in all, I was really happy with the playcalling and the team.

Great game.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think fish was scared he always talks about how good their returner Jones is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar