great article on pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who say he wants people to understand him?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pac has said this about the media a number of times. I've also read posters in here saying we shouldn't be critical of his actions because we don't understand the guy.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Pac didn't say that he wanted the media to understand him. He didn't want that type of article to be written about him. He wants to focus on football and put his past and past actions out of the spotlight.

I can say that I know him and over time, I do understand him. That's why I say that the article was garbage.

4. TitanJeff

Maybe he didn't specifically say that he wanted the media to understand him but he did go to the press in May and point to his upbringing. I assume it was for a reason.

"I have no father figure. I have no one. It is just me, man,'' said Jones.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060509/SPORTS01/605090366/1027

5. The Mrs

The media hounded him and he was just reacting. Or should I say, some members of the media.

I could expound more and all, but I respect the trust that I l've been given.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:shocked:

7. The Mrs

GoT, how you gonna edit my post!

8. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

If that's what Jones considers real "hounding" then it's a good thing he wasn't drafted by a large market team.

As for his "inner circle," I think Kuharsky was more likely to get a candid view from people who didn't carry that badge and feel some need to live up to it.

Doesn't make it invalid or "garbage" just because the former coaches and other figures in his life that Kuharsky talked to don't have Jones on speed dial on their cell phones or vice versa.

Kind of sad to me that Jones would brush it off like that, but I guess most 22-year-old guys would do the same thing. Lots of kids think they know everything at that age, they don't need to pay attention to what anyone else says or thinks.

Maybe in 20 years, if he reads it again, he'll find more value in seeing himself as a boy and as a young man through those peoples' eyes.

9. TitanJeff

I saw his unwillingness to cooperate on an in-depth article about his background very strange. The guy needs more positive PR than anyone on the team since the move to Tennessee and the media was willing to give it to him.

But he apparently didn't think it would be positive. Maybe he doesn't trust the media enough to be truthful. Or he is ashamed of his past.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

didn't the "survey says" (Tennessean ran it last week) that 63% of the sports writers/radio show host/TV sports host agreed that most folks in Nashville didn't want Jones on the team. You would think if the article was a positive one (I didn't read it) Jones would welcome it. Guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar