Gray on defensive risk-taking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The thought is that you don't get beat deep. The problem is the player catches underneath and then makes a play to beat you deep. I don't like it.

The players were more like 4 - 6 yards off later last game. I'd like to see a mix of press man with help over top and a softer 4 - 6 cushion with heavy blitzing.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Maybe some corner blitzes and Safety blitzes sending Pollard. Something to keep the offense off guard and to disrupt the QB's progressions.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

We invite them to burn us for 8 yards so they won't burn us for 60.

I think thats how it herrdurr works.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Playing 10 yards off works because it will take the team longer to score, therefore they run more plays, therefore it is more likely the QB will fumble the snap and we'll fall on the ball...

*Sarcasm*

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

i love our base prevent defense

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Gray believes in the 'bend but don't break' philosophy ... surrender a ton of yards in the middle of the field, but try to hold them to FGs when they get into the RZ. Playing to aggressively could lead to big TDs by the offense.

Unfortunately, this philosophy is pretty dumb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

I'm going to apply for the D coordinator job after this season. I got plenty of Madden experience so I think I'll be fine.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ajahajajajahahah

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I agree with you here, REALLY WHAT THIS ALL MEANS IS JERRY GRAY DOESN'T BELIEVE IN HIS PLAYERS

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I recall him saying, during last season I believe, in so many words that we don't have the talent to play press man. He basically said we weren't talented enough, but as it stands today, Verner and McCourty are still our starting CB's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar