Graham's non Touchdown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Caught some of the game before going to work, what do you guys think about Graham's catch that wasn't called a Touchdown.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I thought it was a TD until they showed the close up replay. Good call, ref got lucky making it lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I thought it was definitely a touchdown until they showed the closeup of his foot. It just barely hit the sideline, but it did.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It seems like it was the right call, but we got REAL lucky because if it was called a TD, it would not have been overturned. Of course, we also got a terrible spot on 4th and 1, so that stuff tends to even out...

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

His toe disturbed the white painted grass which was out of the field of play.

Out of bounds by a hair but still out of bounds. Right call, end of debate.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do the ref's get that kind of close up look in the booth? It was a lucky call, I don't see how the ref could have called it out of bounds with the naked eye.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I tend to agree, but the ref was like 2 feet away looking at his feet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

IT was a clear TD, doesnt matter tho we still blew it. running CJ with like 30 seconds and no time out... i just laughed out loud.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No. It really wasn't. Replay shows the whited painted grass come up under his foot.

10. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

This was and should have been a touchdown. His leg and heel hit first before the cleat hit the line. This would be the same as a toe drag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar