Grade the Titans draft: rounds 1-3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 23, 2010.

?

Grade the Titans draft: rounds 1-3

Poll closed Apr 25, 2010.
  1. A+

13.6%
  2. A

18.6%
  3. A-

8.5%
  4. B+

20.3%
  5. B

11.9%
  6. B-

8.5%
  7. C+

8.5%
  8. C

6.8%
  9. D

1.7%
  10. F

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

C

Mediocre players that leave very little to get excited about.

Rennie was a reach that we could have traded back to get, and would be a great prospect other than he's simply too small for his position.

Derrick Morgan was a "eh, no one else is left and he's not supposed to drop this far" pick. He'll be a decent starter, but at this pick in the draft- you really want an impact player, and he simply isn't an impact player.

Damian...whatever his name is, is just another reach like Paul Williams, Lavelle Hawkins, etc. Better prospects on the board, and we could have traded down and still got him.

This team reaches WAAAY too much. I doubt they even talk to teams about trading down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Seriously, did we even try to move in this draft? I mean, the Patriots have made like 8 trades so far, just moving back and forth and acquiring more 2nd and 3rd rounders for next year. WTF!! I think we missed major opportunities, and I think Curran was a reach, he's tiny!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

4. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I said B+.
    I'm excited about the picks tbh. We reached a bit on Curran but he's going to be a good player.

Damien Williams is nothing like Paul Williams and the bunch. He was actually a highly rated player and he's not a total project. Plus, he fills a need at KR/PR.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm going with a big fat D-!

I think the entire FO rode the short bus to the facility to make these picks if you know what I mean?

Morgan as an OK pick I suppose, but he isn't and elite pass rusher which is what we desperately needed. Again we just twiddle our thumbs and wait instead of being aggressive, we just wait calmly and pick whoever is left. The thing that sucks is, that philosophy is alright with this organization.

As was said earlier, the Colts got a better pass rusher than us at 31. Why the hell didn't we trade down, Fisher said they had offers? I've been harping on the Titans doing everything they could to get a 2nd rounder for quite awhile, the 2nd round was packed with great players. This is why we are always on the cusp of winning or rebuilding and not winning Superbowl's.

A slow receiver from USC in the 3rd, I nearly choked when I saw it, but I'm getting used to it from MR and the rest of them. Those SC receivers really pan out in the NFL huh, what a joke? WR is not nearly as pressing a need as any position on the defense basically. We passed up on Everson Griffin not once but twice and Navorro Bowman in the 3rd. Why draft a corner, the morons in the FO probably figured they shored up the secondary with the signing of Tye Hill, LOL?

Again more reaching with Rennie Curran who could have been picked in the 4th, possibly even the 5th. Our picks have sucked so bad we've received not one mention, nothing on NFL network, nada. It also really bums me out that Daryl Washington was selected with the pick we would have had except, we stupidly traded it away for Jared Cook. The Patriots seem smart enough to work out these amazing trades, they did it again with Carolina... they got Carolina's 2nd next year for one of the Pat's 3rd rounders this year. We just look like stooges. Looking forward for some more reaching tomorrow, this outta be great. I guess the good news is with this terrible draft class and our amazingly difficult schedule next year we should draft pretty high in 2011. Doesn't matter however we'll just blow it again :(

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I guess some people b*tch just for the sake of b*tching.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

How does a Team that has filled a need with each pick get an F?

8. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I've been waiting 30 years for a championship skippy; and what are you talking about crying. I'm not crying; just calling it how i see it. i suppose you can settle for mediocrity but you ever wonder why teams like the eagles, cowboys, steelers, patriots are always in the thick of things? They have some guts to make trades and come out on top. We don't.

No way this is an A draft; all i see is depth; no impact.
    What i see is a DE who got 5 of his 12 sacks against weak teams. I see a good kid who will be solid not spectacular and rotated for use situationally.
    What I see is no second round pick; because we gave it up last year for someone who didn't contribute at all.
    What I see is a receiver whose own college coach passed on him to select Golden Tate.
    What I see is a smallish LB that will be used exclusively on special teams.
    That's called depth skippy, not impact. Depth doesn't win us a championship this year. That's sound reasoning in my book, unlike you're blind fantacism rah rah approach.
    Don't worry about my deal, worry about our team and your incessant criticism of opposing viewpoints as well as your contradictions. They get an F- now thanks to you skippy and I've never taken you seriously after you said Bryant was a thug who couldnt help our team. Talk about a moronic statement :)

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

One of the few times I absolutely agree with you. I see you gave them a better grade than I did though. I like how some 'fans' are bashing because we speak the truth especially the Ravens cat. he kills me.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I played S in pee wee, does that mean I should get drafted just because we have a need at S? That's how they get an F, no impact; all depth. Morgan will be the only one who sees the field this year. I like the Williams pick, I'm not completely against it; but we could have made a move and got Tate. Tate brings impact; Williams brings depth. JMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar