Grade the 2013 Titans draft (very early edition)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Grade the Titans Draft

Poll closed May 4, 2013.
  1. A

39.5%
  2. B

52.6%
  3. C

6.6%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I gave us a B overall.

I pretty much liked all our picks except the Gooden 3rd round compensatory pick, guy looks lost on a football field.

Then there's the whole Guard at 10 thing, but Chance is a beast so I like it I guess.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Great draft imo.

Cant fix every hole in a year.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am in the minority liking Gooden. I think he was a big steal. Should have gone a lot higher.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Higher like the 142nd pick maybe.

Lets face it, dude is a workout warrior who with some quality coaching MIGHT be good. I personally had way bigger plans for that 3rd round comp pick.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'll grade the first 4 rounds.

Warmack - (grade: A)
    I don't care if we took a guard in the top 10. Warmack is that good. I think the run game will be back this year. The declining play of Roos and Stewart had everything to do with the interior of the O-line. This will be a group people talk about. Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene will love this pick more than any of us will. Oh, the holes.

Hunter - (grade: A-)
    This is one of those picks that we will either praise Weber for or we will call this guy the next Tyrone Calico. Fortunately, I watched a lot of UT football and was very impressed with him. He has the highest ceiling of the UT WR's and I'm excited to see what kind of player he will become. I think that Hunter's problems were all mental. Coming off of that kind of injury can startle just about anyone. In the 2011 season, he was on pace to be one of the best WR's in college football. Hell, just look at the statistics, Bray sucked even worse without him on the field. He'll be a HUGE red zone threat. I'm not mad about trading up because if he works out, that 3rd round pick we gave up won't matter. I'm not going to call him a sure thing, but he's pretty close.

Wreh-Wilson - (grade: B+)
    I'm not sure if he was the best CB on the board; however, I actually watched some tape of this kid pre-draft and I was impressed by him. He has a knack for disrupting the pass and he plays aggressively. Plus, we needed a press corner pretty badly. I think it's our most underrated pick out of the bunch. He can hit, too. It's time to put some pressure on Tommie Campbell and Sensabaugh.

Gooden - (grade: C-)
    I don't think anyone can argue that the kid is fast; however, if he wants to be a contributing factor for the defense, he has to improve. You can't teach instincts. He has boom or bust written all over him. I will say this though, Zack Brown looked very similar on tape. In addition, I think there were better D-linemen available that could have contributed WAY more THIS year. I also feel like he would have been available in the 4th.

Schwenke - (grade: B+)
    The more and more I see of him, the more and more I like this pick. I think we will get a starting caliber center out of him for years to come. He's quick, mean and has an awesome last name. I don't know if he'll be a first year starter but come next year when Velasco is gone, look out. Oh, and he can play guard, too.

All in all, I'd say it was a "B-" draft. Ruston Weber is a talented guy. Making him GM was one of the best decisions the organization has made in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar