Grade the 2013 Titans draft (very early edition)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Grade the Titans Draft

Poll closed May 4, 2013.
  1. A

39.5%
  2. B

52.6%
  3. C

6.6%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnsimon

Johnsimon Camp Fodder

Btw how is Jeff fisher properly evaluated. Are any of the five years with young available to talk about fisher? Other than that he had McNair. Bowl game, ravens satan luck, raiders... Jesus Payton Christ has only made it once himself...it's a hard ****ing thing to get to.

Guy led many comeback seasons. He inspires players. Put him with the right coordinators, you're good. He'll do well. To demonize fisher is to miss the point entirely.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Over all I'm real happy. We've build up a potentially explosive offense and what should become a top 5 Oline eventually. We have at least 3 sure free starters and if even one of the other guys becomes a starter or better yet, a late round gem then we've really hit the jackpot but at the least we've added some needed depth and competition once camp begins. Hard not say that's an "A" draft.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

Perhaps I worded it poorly. I didn't specify the quality of the starters. I think Warmack is going to be an elite guard. Hunter and Schwenke are going to be starters, but how good they'll be is the question.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Read up about BWW. He's going to be a solid nickle guy. He can hit like a linebacker, and can patrol the middle of the field and isn't afraid to hit running backs. I think he'll fit in just fine. We have got so much speed on defense now...

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I have no idea what you said but I disagree mostly because I think you're giving too much praise to Fisher. He is a good head coach that can win games if he has good talent but I do not think he inspired players in Tennessee at all; there were to many multiple game losing streaks for me to get behind that thought.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Let's make this simple...A.

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

A

Just because of Schwenke's name.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I gave us a C(C+ to be exact lol). I just didn't really like the way we handled things this draft.

1st round. I LIKED the 1st round pick. Didn't see it coming, but apparently our FO has changed their thinking drastically since last season on the value of interior O-line.

2nd round. Trading our 2nd and next years 3rd to move up 8 spots alone warrants a downgrade. There's a chance Hunter would have fallen to our pick, and if he didn't, look who we could have gotten anyways!!!: Carradine, Hunt, Banks, Amerson...all 1st tier players at postitions of TRUE need. Instead we traded up to get a postion that we already have plenty of talent at...Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it because this guy could be great, but I just don't understand how it's best for the team right now.

3rd round. I like what we did in the 3rd round by getting the best CB left. He's not in the same tier of guys like Amerson or Banks(whom we could've had without trading next years 3rd btw), but he's not too far under...I really hope his horrible tackling doesn't keep him from having a productive career here.

3rd round. We also took a guy I really like in OLB Zavier Gooden with our Comp pick. I love the player, but hate the pick. Like I said earlier, we could have waited until the 4th(or even 5th) to get this guy and we could have got Okafor here(just what I would have done). Instead, now we have a logjam at O-line because our coaches are overcompensating for last years worst position. Don't understand it.

4th round. See earlier comments...Just don't understand it...It's a great value pick, but we now have a ridiculous logjam at interior O-line, while still neglecting other positions of need. Maybe we can find a team to package up Sweinke and Nate Washington since they both are really talented, but won't find the field this year.

5th round. Good pick. Didn't know much about him, but I like it. Again, I feel as if we shouldn't have been in this situation in the first place, but we had to stop the bleeding somewhere and they did a decent job at that with this pick I think.

6th round. Good pick, as well...I like what we did in the late rounds this year!!! Apparently he is another

7th round. Not bad..More safety depth...apparently this guy is Bernard Pollard-esque...maybe it'll work out eventually.

The way my draft wouldv'e went:
    1st: Chance Warmack
    2nd: David Amerson
    3rd: Demontre Moore(no way of knowing Okafor would have fallen to our 4th)
    3rdC: Phillip Thomas
    4th: Z Gooden
    5th: same DE
    6th: same CB
    7th: WR or OT

Oh well...hopefully Justin Hunter is a freaking monster and I eat my words for ever questioning him and how I feel our FO's love for him messed up our whole draft lol.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

On another note, the Washington Redskins are going to be something serious. They drafted Amerson, Phillip Thomas, Rambo, Jordan Reed, Jawan Jamison and Brandon Jenkins...WOW...I'm quite jealous of Redskins fans right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar