Gotitans weight loss for men?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

heres another guy (smaller) @520 doing 800 alone (stupid ass BTW)

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

When I started a year ago I was pathetic. I honestly started out with 90lb lol. Years of being lazy will do that to you. I got up to 270x5 a few months back but I have since switched to high rep sets. Despite steadily putting weight on the bar with the 3x5 routine I just wasn't noticing enough difference in my quads. So lately I've been doing 4 sets of 8-10 reps twice per week and it seems like I'm noticing more of a difference from a hypertrophy standpoint. Did 4x10 @ 215lb on Tuesday and I can barely walk today lol.

I squat high-bar style which doesn't really allow you to handle as much weight as the low-bar super-wide stance powerlifting style. But it puts more emphasis on the quads. At this point I'm just trying to put on as much muscle as possible so I check my ego at the door and don't really worry about numbers anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lmao 800lb squat without a rack or safety bars. That guy is probably in a wheelchair by now.

4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Looking for a new pre workout after the last one gave me a skin disease. Anyone heard about VICI by Haleo? Has the best ratings and no complaints about it figured I'd try it out.

I've tried N.O Xplode, Jack3d, Jack'd Up, C4, Mr. Hyde, Optimum nutrition gold standard. If anyone has any suggestions on certain products they like let me know.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

I had a scare once bench pressing 275, figured it was nothing special, and Id done it hundreds of times no problem before, I then maxed out, no one was home, thing sat on my chest for 10 minutes before I decided to give it one last push and slip out with the bar crashing into the bench, neck was all scraped up, never did that again alone, I was lucky not to crush my throat

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

As for the thread topic, I'm now down 16.5lb on this cut. Weight loss has slowed a bit as I've become a little more lax with my diet to avoid going insane. Now I eat super clean all the way up through dinner (nothing processed, only carbs from fruits and veggies) and then I allow myself to eat whatever I want for dinner, in moderation of course.

For the first time in close to 10 years I have slightly visible abs. I think I'm about 5-10lbs away from a visible 6-pack. I'm torn because when I look in the mirror I'm starting to feel too small but I want that 6-pack lol.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I work out at home alone but I do everything that could seriously hurt me in the power rack with the safety bars set. I've only failed a bench rep maybe a handful of times and luckily never failed a squat rep.

8. JCBRAVE

I got a 6-pack doing leg throws, its good if you have a partner, if not do them hanging off your bed/workout bench

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't use a pre-workout so can't really help. I was sent some free samples of NOXplode awhile back but I couldn't really tell a difference. I just have my morning coffee and always try to get some clean carbs a few hours before my workout.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I actually don't do any direct ab work right now. Just what I get from squats, pullups and other compound movements. I should probably start adding some in though. Couldn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar