Gotitans weight loss for men?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Self check out line.

I DGAF if I have a full cart, I don't want to be talked to in the store.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Interesting post. I am 41 and am a gym rat by all accounts- 4 day splits and I do lift for strength and mass. I know guys who are in their mid 50's still getting it done. My partner is 43 with Parkinson's disease and hits it harder than most. My advice to anybody is to do what makes you happy- for me that is lifting heavy sh*t. I do see what you are saying, but you can easily put on muscle into your 50s (I mean mass here) and protect your joints with proper form. Ask this guy if mass training isn't working for him. 47 yrs old and deadlifts 500 lbs at rep.

upload_2015-4-16_19-9-30.jpeg

#472 Hormesis, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

terry crews is 47. you lie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Thats pretty much where im at. I have access to a university weight room, and im in it everday except im not working out lol

I use to get up early for work and go lift, now I usually go and just shoot hoops.

I've been helping a friend lose some weight, so I will go to his place and lift with him, but its just an apartment weight room so its nothing special.

Most my workouts are now at home.

5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

No
    47 bro

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Publix doesn't believe in the self check out line. They want to annoy you throughout the duration of your shopping experience.

7. Fry

F that B.

It's your responsibility as a parent to give him the tools that will make him successful in life. Good eating habits is one of those tools, IMO.

My parents ****ing love The Golden Corral. Check that, my step father loves the Golden Corral. My mother tolerates it because there's something for everyone. I used to go with them when it was essentially eat what my parents were eating that night or go hungry. I hated it when I would see families in there with young kids(under ten) essentially just eating pizza, mac and cheese, chocolate and french fries by the plate. You can't expect kids that young to make the right choices.

Same thing when I moved to Jacksonville as a kid. The lunch menu at school was all a lot carte in middle school/high school. Everyone ate pizza or chicken tenders every day.

No wonder we're all fat.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Diet is THE most important thing.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea school food is crap, my kids get home made lunches. I remember back to school lunches, they have always sucked.

10. Fry

When I was in middle school they ordered Papa Johns every day for the lunch periods and sold it by the slice.

Come to think of it, that's probably when my unnatural hatred for Papa John's started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar