Gotitans weight loss for men?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

10 pounds is actually not bad. It was very hard for me to gain quality muscle weight all through my twenties. I did the same thing you did (4-5k) and thought I would never hit 175. Now, I am in my early 40's, and putting on mass has been easy since my mid to late 30's. The only downside has been that the recovery takes longer and each workout causes intense soreness. Taking quality proteins in sufficient quantities while shredding your muscles in the gym is the only way I know of to put on mass. For me that is 180g to 200g a day- mostly from meats and dairy with a high quality shake immediately following workouts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd say my protein intake ranges between 150-200g a day... really depends, I guess. I don't have much money, so I have to be cheaper with it. Getting the calories in is the hardest part.

I take Arnold's Iron Mass protein shake 30 minutes before workout and another immediately after workouts (I use milk with my shakes). In addition, I'll usually eat a couple of turkey or chicken sandwiches on Ezekiel bread (~30g each), 3-4 scrambled eggs in the morning, greek yogurt, almonds, peanut butter, etc. I'll also do stuff like red beans & rice. Simple, cheap stuff all the time. That's the only way I do it.

I eat like it's my job... I just need to get better about eating more veggies. Fruits I'm good with... I've always hated veggies.

I feel like I'm gonna destroy my kidneys with the increased protein though. lol

I try to spread out the protein intake throughout the day, so that I'm not consuming more than 40g in a sitting.

I'm just a slow gainer... ****ing genetics. I don't want to be a meathead or anything... just would like to get up to about 190.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Looks to me like you have it down. It does feel like eating is your job for sure. Don't worry too much about your kidneys....jury is still out on that one. Healthy kidneys handle high protein diets just fine, you just have to balance good fats and complex carbs in the diet and hydrate.

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Throw a handful of baby spinach into your protein shakes. You can't even taste it. It's awesome, because I ****ing hate vegetables too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because its as generic as me saying I want to climb a mountain.

Which mountain? How high is it? What is required to get me to the top?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I've lost 30 lbs since beginning of December last year. I was pretty strict on what I ate for 2-3 months and then I was happy at where I was at and wanted to maintain it.

Since then I've been more liberal on what I ate and I'm still losing weight which is interesting. I definitely don't eat as much which makes me think I gained weight due to binge eating.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm down 4 lb since starting my cut two weeks ago. That's a little faster rate than I'd like. Shooting for 1lb/week to retain as much muscle as possible. But I haven't noticed any strength loss yet so that's good I guess. Plan on losing at least another 8-10 lb before going back on a bulk.

Cutting sucks. I just wanna have a big ass unhealthy AF burrito and about 3 bowls of Ben & Jerry's.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

OK I finally got into this calorie counting thing. Started a few days ago writing everything I'd eat/drink calories and how Much exercise I do each day. I averaged I'd say 2600-3200 cals a day before...depending on if soda was available to me....

Should I go ahead and drop it to 1500 or ease down..I did 1500 yesterday and as of lunch I'm at like 450. But damn I'm hungry as hell lol. When will my stomach shrink so I don't stay hungry ....I drink a **** ton of water...

Also anyone do jump rope as a main part if the workout? Ive looked online many sites and they say jump roping is a top exercise for burning fat. And it works for me cuz Ivan just put my kids in the pka pen for fifteen twenty mins and knock out a ton of jump roping. It is hard as hell tho...like the first time I tried I jumped hard for a few minutes and thought I'd die. So now I doe a minute easy jumps then a minute of running in place jump roping then skip jumps and basically just switch every minute or so and take fifteen second breaks when necessary.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

1,500 cals is pretty low for a grown man IMO. I'd say try a few weeks in the 1,800-2,000 range and see what happens. But stay CONSISTENT in that range.

There really is no "best" exercise for losing fat. It's all about how many net calories you are consuming. You could lose a ton of weight without ever exercising for one minute (although obviously exercise is recommended for a plethora of other reasons). My recommendation would be do something you enjoy. Whether that's jumping rope, running, riding a bike, boxing, whatever. If you are doing something you absolutely hate because you read it's "best" you are probably going to be less likely to stick to it.

10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

1500 calories isnt ****, don't set your self up to fail. You said you eat 2500, which isnt all that bad. Try going to 2000 a day.

Keep drinking water, if you can, try to only drink water.

Jump roping is amazing if you do it right.

Maybe go for a walk with the wife and kids everyday or if you have 30mins go for a jog.

Resistance bands man, I love them. I got a stackable set for like 30 dollars at target.

There is so many exercises you can do with them at your house. I do a shadow boxing routine with them. You can use them for abs, back, legs.... ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar