goTitans.com Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It has ALWAYS been slow for me. Pretty much the main reason I don't browse the forum very much any more. I go to click on a thread and wait impatiently just to find a thread derailed into some stupid pissing contest...

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yes the new one is much slower for me, especially threads with videos or gifs.. the music thread is super slow, sometimes gifs just keep seizuring and don't load right. I usually just hit the X to stop loading if it gets ridiculous, usually everything will still be there anyway.. must be alot of background apps or something, not sure.

Using Opera browser.

3. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Mines perfectly fine. Pages load fast and don't really have any issues

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We're in the process of looking at optimizing the forum over the next couple of weeks. Our tests show improvement over the past site but nothing as good as I want or it will be. The goal in launching in July was to try and work through various issues.

5. TitanJeff

For you guys who are experiencing a slow forum, I've blocks some ads for members to see how it impacts speed.

This won't impact how gifs or video load as that is dictated by other factors I still need to investigate.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

some of the things that really stood out to me was being able to preview the picture when using {IMG} which is really helpful in case the image link was bad so i dont have to go back and edit it...
    one thing that i would like to do is being able to change the tags.. it gives an error message that i have to be a mod to do it...

but other than that... loving the changes.. keep up the good work!

7. TitanJeff

I don't follow. You mean like when the image in someone's post was small and you could click on it to enlarge? We have that option now, I believe. When attaching a photo, it is resized if it's too big. If you click it, it goes to full size. And there is an option for the person attaching a photo to just show a thumbnail.

Only the thread starter can add a tag. Reason being, we were having some members randomly place unrelated tags in threads just to goof around.

8. TitanJeff

Just a few options some of you having load issues might want to try...

You have the option to turn off the jerseys and sigs in your preferences.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

yeah that.... it's a great feature... just complementing on it...

but no.. i cant even edit the tags on my own thread that i started.... like the mccourtey and gamethread... can't edit those tags for some reason...

10. TitanJeff

Let me look into it. There might be a time limit involved.

Edit: I can't figure out why you can add more to a thread you created so contacting the author for input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar