goTitans.com Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

In the old forum, it automatically filtered out bad words when submitting. Any chance to add such a feature again?

Other wise it might not be the last of my posts the mods have to edit :anon:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A little self-control might be helpful. ;)

Actually, we have such a filter now, it just doesn't appear to catch every variation of the words I put in it. I'm investigating as to why now.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

The year is 2012.

4. TitanJeff

And?

5. Titans Eternal

And very few of us are able to practice self control.

GENERATION KILL

6. TitanJeff

That's why we have moderators. :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans Eternal

It is true.. GoTitan mods are the best of the best.

Gunny reminds me of one of the new replacement refs...

:deadhorse:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hey Jeff, all in all, love the new look.

But I'm still having two minor issues...

1. Sometimes (about 10% of the time?) I get to the end of the thread, and my reply box is white instead of blue, and I can't type in it. I just click reply on a random post and delete it, but still...

and more importantly...

2. Is there anyway we can get the old style multi-quote back? I like to read a thread, and just click the button for each post I want to reply to as I read. If I click reply to each one, like someone suggested, it drops them by the time I get to the last page.

Oh, and I know this ain't gonna happen, but please bring the "It Sucks" button back! Or at least a "I strongly disagree" button perhaps if language was the issue?

Oh, and one other thing... in the live chat, the word "sucks" is filtered out, but every vile euphamism for the male or female genitalia is permitted (or so I'm told, I would never type such horrible words). That is a little odd no? You can type "Our offensive line sucks (richard)" and sucks is what it filters.

9. TitanJeff

I'll investigate. What browser does this happen with? Does it help if you refresh?

Actually, you can click multiple replies and it should load them all into one reply block. I tested that a while back and it worked so give it a try.

This forum software doesn't have such a hack right now. If it were to have one, I might bring it back as a "boo button".

That's funny. I bet it is the default cusser and I should be able to adjust.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am using Chrome and the reply box will go away at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar