goTitans.com Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well you're missing an apparent grown man throwing the equivalent of a ***** fit because he didn't get his own way.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh look it's Captain Loner and his super power: pretending he doesn't care

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Please use this thread to discuss forum function issues and take your personal issues to a group private conversation or Taboo.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A couple of new things happening starting today:

I’m proud to announce we’ve added Cruds as a moderator. He’s been around for nearly a decade. He’s headed up some threads over the years to keep our sanity during the offseason. I appreciate him willing to take on the challenge.

If he can survive the five trials he must face to become a moderator. You’ll see a change in his title soon. Wish him the best.

We’ve also added a new feature for donors which allows them to moderate their own threads. This addition is on a trial basis and only allowed in non-football forum areas. We’ll see how it goes. Testing is underway now.

Next week will be a busy time with the draft. I ask that the long-time members of this forum remember that quite a few new people will join over the next couple of weeks. Though we have a short waiting period before they are allowed to post in the main forum or start a new thread, we will get the occasional newbie who posts what many might consider a bad thread as soon as allowed.

I ask you take mercy on such n00bs. Fight the temptation to pigeon bomb. We still get bad threads from our regulars. Be gentle. Ignore and move on.

Thank goodness the draft is finally upon us. Bless JR.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hope the "five trials" don't include eating pig snoots or sleeping in a room with a chimpanzee!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

What are the trials? Cant make it easy on him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Cruds should be a welcome addition to the mod club. Congrats. (Ouch Gunny)

What exactly does "modding your own thread" entail? Just the ability to delete/edit posts?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have a feeling that it will fail terribly

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll treat Gunny fairly. The minute he comes off his year-long ban. :brow:

It allows me to edit your name. You are now Gunny Jr.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I see the potential for a lot of shenanigans but I suppose that is what the trial period is for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar