Got my first Chris Henry autographed card

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by V-MAN, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

you got a few good cards in that package.

im surprised they found a picture with henry standing up-right.
  3. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I wish I got all the cards in that deal....No no. Only the C-Hen card.

Alot of sellers are now scanning multiple cards and you just find the card you want. But it is a blue limited edition card. Only 25 like it signed. So, we'll see.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

would have helped if i read the heading on the ebay page....
  5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

That's a sweeet Henry V! You've got to love Press Pass, $20ish for a hard auto #'d to 25... nice :yes: You'll have to get an individual scan of it and post it when it arrives. I picked up a Paul Williams inscribed Press Pass auto this week (it has the regular autograph along with the inscription "Go Hogs #1"). I'm not sure how many were produced but I paid too much for it... got caught up in the moment and used the "buy it now" option. I know another GoTitans member bought a Williams Inscribed also (and paid less than I did.... frickin guy).
  6. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Thanks! I'm gonna start doing alot more collecting now.

I have a scanner but don't exactly know how to get the picture here on the site. PM me the instructions and I'll happily do it.

Let me know if you know of any must have cards in the near future. I'm trying to debate which manufacturer is worth me investing in.
  7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

:brow:
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Just scan the card, crop it, register at photobucket, upload the image there, resize the image (photobucket's editing features are easy), use the provided IMG code (just copy) and paste here on the forum. Voila your card is up for all to see.

I hate recommending cards for investment. Always good is advice is to just buy the stuff you like. Investing in sports cards is dicey, investing in Titans cards is pretty much a losing proposition. Nashville is a small market, short of dominating the league, Titans' players really struggle to get any collector recognition. VY might be an exception to the rule and perhaps the media spotlight he provides will bring other Titans some deserved attention (that certainly didn't happen during the McNair era, or Moon's). Once you decide what you like, search through eBay’s completed listings to get an idea of what the card has been selling for. Donruss Elite VY's have been occasionally selling for around $20. With a print run of just 599, that's decent price. For some reason Elite’s cards hold their value a little better than cards with similar print runs (Classics #'d to 599, or Threads jersey card #'d to... i forget, but a similar amount). Topps Chrome is a solid product that won't break the bank. Despite being unnumbered the RC's seem to hold value well and with “refractors” and rookie autos it's a fun product to break a box of. With collector's turning their attention to the class of 07 it might not be a bad time to look to grabbing some stuff from 2005-06.

If you've confidence in Adam Jones return, it's definitely a great time to pick up his cards. His brush with Goodell and the media scandal surrounding that has made his name known beyond the realm of football fans. If he should return and play at a high level that notoriety will serve him well. What is now notorious name recognition will turn around 180 degrees and he'll become one of the leagues most famous defensive players.

If you're looking for a Vince auto, my preference for value is the 06 Press Pass graphs. Cheap on card auto. Not all collectors like Press Pass as it a non-NFL licensed product. The majority prefer brands like Leaf Limited and Playoff Contenders, but personally I just can't get past those ugly shiny sticker autographs.

VY 06 Elite 351/599
    [​IMG]

VY 06 Topps Chrome refractor
    [​IMG]

VY 06 Press Pass auto
    [​IMG]

Troupe Leaf Limited Auto RC
    [​IMG]
    most colectors love Leaf Limited and they're highly sought after RC's but again I just don't like 'em. So unless their cheap (under twenty bucks) I won't buy them.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

I like the Henry a lot and the VY elite.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

The VY press pass will also have a long shelf life and over time I think that card would have a nice heritage look too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.