Goodell might propose shortening draft time limits...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i would very much agree with this, and i think that all the rounds should be shorter, it would be alot nicer to not have to wait around so long

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

unless teams are working on a trade 5-8 minutes is enough time

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think the first round took about 7 hours...that's a lot of prime.....:ha:

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

how about goodell proposes shortening Pacman's suspension instead? thats pretty long to ya know.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They'd have to shorten it as well. 8 minutes per selection. That would mean it starts at 7 and runs until around 11:30.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think 12 mins....is enough time to talk and make trades 3 mins would actually make a big difference.

3 x 32 = 96 mins off off round 1 at the least.

7. Not all teams take the full 15 minutes as it is. If they did the 1st round would take 8 hours and 45 minutes. At 12 minutes per pick it could still take over 6 hours...

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thats a good point, shortening the time doesnt mean the 1st round would go any faster, teams now usually take about 6-12 minutes out of the 15, so with 12 minutes, more teams would just go to the final seconds, wouldnt really change anything.

9. It would make a difference, my point is that you can't just expect that taking off X minutes per pick will save 32X minutes in the first round. We're talking about an hour less at best with a cut to 10 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar