Good article about how much we get disrespected

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I would love to see it if for no other reason than for Fish to get a Super Bowl win.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

We opened a store in Knoxville that I run. If my office door is open you can see right into it from the sales floor. I have Titans stuff all over the walls. (Jerseys, my signed football in a case, etc...). You can see it all. Instead of the "Oh cool. You are a Titans fan" comments..... I get the "Oh. A Titans fan" with a smerk and an eye roll.:moon2:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting observation skitch. We have more loyal fans it seems in northern alabama and southern kentucky and even arkansas than some areas of of our state and that was bud's goal to be a state team. Maybe he needs to some some more PR and marketing in memphis and knoxville.

I know the memphis folks are still hurting over not getting a team but who else are they going to cheer for? The st louis rams? And it has been 10 years now! As for knoxville i never thought that college and the pros were in conflict unless UT fans were just too hung over after losing to alabama on saturday to care about sunday football.:lol: I like both and watch both. If i had the time and the means i would have season tickets to both.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm proud of a community that loves their football team. 103 consecutive sell outs is all we need to care about. The titans are our team i don't want dimwits in LA wearing vince young jerseys.

Yes it would be great if our success made us the next america's team and we were like the cowboys are but only because we were successful.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and Australia.

6. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

try being a die hard titans fan in new england....yeah...i almost didnt make it out alive last year after the pre season game at gillette stadium..

7. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Try going to Oakland games as a Titan fan. I don't care how big you are its just stupid to go to a Raider game with other teams gear on. They have the dumbest fans in the league. 40% are high on weed or other recreational drugs and 95% are drunk that leaves you with 5% of the fans who know the current roster and team that they are playing. Its a sad state of affairs in Oaktown.

8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

i got a hotdog thrown at me when i got up and clapped when vince took the field. I got called every name under the sun, some didnt even make sense. Sometimes I am embarrassed to a new englad sports fan. (besides the pats...i hate them)

9. haha what a joke...i mean ya we get disrespected but what team doesnt?!? This is PRO FOOTBALL! It's the most ridiculous athletic competition in the country

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Once upon a time there was a team. This team had a quarterback who was widely criticized, often called overrated, and considered by some to even be a bust. Then they lost their starting RB, who at the time, was among the best RBs in the league. In the first two games of a season they gave up over 80 points and it seemed their coach would probably be fired. At this point, no one gave them a shot at an 8-8 record, let alone success. They struggled throughout the midst of the season, then started to gain momentum toward the end. They made the playoffs, and had to overcome absurd obstacles, like defeating the number 1 team in the conference in their own stadium, then play a game in -20 degree weather against a cold weather team led by a living legend. And to top it all off, they had to to defeat arguable the best team of all time. This team, if you haven't figured it out by now, is was the NY Giants of last year, and they are the reigning Super Bowl Champions. This is football fellas, any team can get hot at any time and start winning the right games. I don't give the Titans too much of a chance, but its definitely better then 0%....Have a lil faith for your team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar