Good article about Gregg Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If we do not make the playoffs or win 10 games williams maybe the next HC

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'm not saying he'll be a head coach, or that we couldn't afford to pay him. Here's the scenario I see:

>Our defense plays well all year, we get between 8-11 wins.
    >Other teams needing defensive help reach out to Williams about being their defensive coordinator
    >Williams decides that a job as an actual coordinator with total control is better than being an assistant behind Gray
    >Munchack insists that our defense is "Gray's defense", and lets Williams leave.

inb4 Munch will fire Gray and keep promote Williams to DC
    I wish this to happen, but I'm skeptical that Munch would actually let Gray go.. Our franchise has a history of blowing these types of decisions.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You think Munch would fire Williams?

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

:facepalm: Not fire him.... Williams won't want to stay an ASSISTANT. Other teams will be calling for him to be their defensive coordinator. He'd take that job over being an assistant to Gray here.

5. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

doubtful he's a great DC but he failed as a head coach. Whomever we would hire hopefully would keep Williams

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think Williams is a great DC but it's too soon for anyone to consider hiring him as a HC. Sure he could get interviewed, but I think the league would not like to see him get a head coaching job next year.

However, if the defense is great but our record falters, this might be the only place he might get a HC job next year if Bud were to clean house. I also think there is zero chance that even IF Williams was calling the plays that Munch would tell anyone during the season.

I think there is another way to keep Williams though I think I only saw it once before, but it's possible. Williams and Gray could become Co-DC's and they could pay Williams as substantial salary. Unlikely, but possible. Other way to do it would be to pay Williams like a DC but leave his title as it is to save face. Williams is worth the cost!

My .02 anyway. It's also possible that Munch says it's Gray's D but after the season, gray gets a job somewhere else and Williams is promoted to DC.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Everyone fails in Buffalo.

8. Escape Goat

Escape Goat Starter

OJ sure fell on his ass there.

9. Escape Goat

Escape Goat Starter

Jim Kelly was garbage too

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

yea 30 years ago the Bills were a force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar