Good article about Gregg Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Damn thats a lot to read.

But yea Williams was a helluva catch, we're lucky we got him.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

He is the biggest reason we are 3-1

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'm very concerned about where Gregg will be after this season. He's not going to stay an assistant, nor should he. If Munch is really selling this defense as "Gray's D", I'm worried we might keep Gray and let Williams walk. That would be a horrible mistake.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That would be full retard.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well I hate to break it to you guys but I'd say it's highly unlikely Gregg is here next season. After the way he (err.. ahem... Jerry Gray) turned around our defense teams are likely going to be coming at him hard for DC. And like RockyTop said I can't see him wanting to stay an assistant. And since our defense is playing so well, and Jerry Gray IS technically the defensive coordinator I just don't see Munch firing him and giving the job to Williams.

I think the most likely scenario is Williams is our DC next year and Gregg is a DC somewhere else. The bright side is hopefully Gray learned a thing or two from Williams and can keep this defense on track.

6. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Titans need to officially name Williams the DC after the season

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

GW will be DC after this season is over ... anyone that thinks Munch is too 'loyal' to a coach is wrong. His history here as HC shows that he don't care 'bout firing no coaches haha

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That's what we're hoping for, but Coaches are more loyal to their assistance than you may think. Munch is calling this "Gray's defense", and I could easily see us keeping Gray and letting Williams go. I'll be devastated if that is the case.. we'll go back to being that mediocre defense of 2009-2012.

And if you don't think our franchise would do such a thing, you haven't been a fan for long enough :p

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm just saying that since MUNCH has been the HC, he really hasn't had a problem with firing coaches and trying something new. Not to say that its impossible that he will choose Gray over Williams, just saying that we aren't talking about fisher here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar