Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Good article about Gregg Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Oct 2, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. rodgev Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $1,034
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,666
    Damn thats a lot to read.

But yea Williams was a helluva catch, we're lucky we got him.
  3. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,786
    He is the biggest reason we are 3-1
  4. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,601
    I'm very concerned about where Gregg will be after this season. He's not going to stay an assistant, nor should he. If Munch is really selling this defense as "Gray's D", I'm worried we might keep Gray and let Williams walk. That would be a horrible mistake.
    Stephen Dugan, rodgev and RavensShallBurn high five this.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,142
    That would be full retard.
    The Hammer, nbtoppers2 and Titan43 high five this.
  6. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,275
    Well I hate to break it to you guys but I'd say it's highly unlikely Gregg is here next season. After the way he (err.. ahem... Jerry Gray) turned around our defense teams are likely going to be coming at him hard for DC. And like RockyTop said I can't see him wanting to stay an assistant. And since our defense is playing so well, and Jerry Gray IS technically the defensive coordinator I just don't see Munch firing him and giving the job to Williams.

I think the most likely scenario is Williams is our DC next year and Gregg is a DC somewhere else. The bright side is hopefully Gray learned a thing or two from Williams and can keep this defense on track.
  7. Maker_84 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $4,137
    Titans need to officially name Williams the DC after the season
  8. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $208
    GW will be DC after this season is over ... anyone that thinks Munch is too 'loyal' to a coach is wrong. His history here as HC shows that he don't care 'bout firing no coaches haha
    titan520 high fives this.
  9. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,601

That's what we're hoping for, but Coaches are more loyal to their assistance than you may think. Munch is calling this "Gray's defense", and I could easily see us keeping Gray and letting Williams go. I'll be devastated if that is the case.. we'll go back to being that mediocre defense of 2009-2012.

And if you don't think our franchise would do such a thing, you haven't been a fan for long enough :p
  10. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $208
    I'm just saying that since MUNCH has been the HC, he really hasn't had a problem with firing coaches and trying something new. Not to say that its impossible that he will choose Gray over Williams, just saying that we aren't talking about fisher here