Gonna savor the Boys beatdown a while.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Huge win.

Young had a decent day. He was poised in the pocket. He made a few outstanding passes. He made some head-scratchers. The two TDs were more luck than skill but sometimes good things do happen when you take a chance. Of course, I'd felt differently if they'd been picks. The football gods were smiling on VY yesterday even though the JerryDome had it's lid on.

Jenkins may be the worst CB I've seen in recent NFL history. The guy looked slow and lost most of the day. Kudos to Britt for stepping up big yesterday.

Ware was a beast but Roos did a pretty good job with him. The OL did a nice job picking up the blitz all day overall. I thought Amano had his best day yet. Velasco settled down after a rough start and did a great job when he moved to center.

CJ did a better job pushing the hole. I thought the timing looked much better. His run where he zig-zagged up the field will be on his career highlight reel. The fumbles are alarming.

As long as Jones and Brown get that push, Babin and Ball will get opportunities because QBs won't be able to step up. They're fun to watch.

I love the defense but they've got to fix the middle of the secondary where Romo killed them repeatedly. I realize there are holes in the zone which accurate QBs can exploit but it seemed wide open most of the game.

Big plays made all day by different members of the defense. Grif is on pace to become a Pro-Bowler.

Kudos for Fisher/Dinger for opening up the playbook and trusting their QB and future #1 WR to make some plays. But don't think we'll see it each week. Though I hope we get more shots downfield, the Titans were almost 50/50 pass-to-run. It's about execution.

Mariani made another big play but the blocking there was outstanding. Gotta love that a personal foul by the Cowboys which led to that.

Lots of satisfaction after this win. Beating the Boys after a bye at their house is impressive any way you get it.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yep - it's much easier to take the mistakes after a win.

Kudos to the O line. I can't believe Young had the time to take some of those deep shots. CJ had some creases for a change - partially due to the passing game but even the 1-on-1 matchups were much improved. Nice to see Dinger realize CJ can be more dangerous with fewer well-timed runs than 30 brick-wall suicide missions.

I'm a little higher on Young's performance. There aren't many NFL games where a QB doesn't have a couple poor throws and poor decisions. I thought he picked his shots well and was surprisingly accurate.

I'm not sure what to believe about the Britt TD... his biggest weakness is staring down his receiver, so it's likely he was staring at Scaife and targeting Scaife. Either that or he's worked on it... and he loves Britt in the back of the endzone so it's also likely he targeted Britt. I'll take it either way. The Nate TD I have no problem with at all - a lost DB is the same as no DB - you have to put it up. Could be good to have a little less air on it so the S can't make it over but I thought his placement of the ball was perfect. I don't like to argue could-haves. Apparently he put it where only Nate could get it. Good job.

It's hard to temper my feelings about Mariani and Verner. Love these guys. Makes me want to see Mariani get some snaps at WR. I'd prefer a play-making Verner over maybe a more consistent McCourty, but Verner has looked pretty dang consistent so far. This battle will be good for the team.

I still can't believe this defense. I thought the D line and especially LB units would be the weakness of the team this year. Wrong. LBs are still a little weak in coverage, but I like this group. Witherspoon was a great pickup. Made a couple mistakes but also continues to make big plays.

I'll be much happier if they can put 2+ games together. Been very up and down. But this was a good win for a lot of reasons.

Ohh... and Britt. Yes he's inconsistent. But on his worst days he's only as good as the rest of our WRs. On his best days he's the cure for what has ailed this offense since the Clinton administration. He could change this offense almost as much as CJ has, and there's no reason to let him improve on the bench.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

-Jenkins is horrible. He gave up big play after big play. Got to give credit to Newman though, he was lights out.

-Was very happy with VYs play other than a few plays.

-Extremely happy with our front 7. McRath had a great game, so did Tulloch. Witherspoon had the great coverage on Witten on that 4th, that was big. Babin & Ball are both doing extremely well. Glad to see Jason Jones have a good game, he's got such a great combo with speed/strength for a DT. Hopefully our front 7 can keep injuries away and keep playing the way they are.

-Safeties are looking good. Not just Griff. Hope/Fuller have been great. Hope is probably our 2nd best tackler on the team (other than Tulloch). Griffin had great coverage, other than the one time he ran into Mouton. He also had a great 1 on 1 tackle that stopped a big play from happening.

-Finnegan had a rough game, our entire middle field was open. Although, we did face the 3rd best passing team in the NFL. Finnegan needs to keep being physical, make the WRs scared. Also we had alot of mismatches, our 5'9 CBs have problems guarding the 6'2 Dez and Miles and 6'3 Roy. Getting McCourty back to pair up with Finnegan and Verner will be nice, McC is 6'0 and will help us guard the taller WRs.

-OL was good.

-BIG KUDOS to Fisher/Dinger. I swear one of them had to read these forums. First like 5 plays were passes, we went deep multiple times in the game. It really spread out their defense and helped CJ run wild. Cowboys have a great front 7 and were packing the box, we realized and went deep. Keep doing that!!

-Great win, but lets get focused for the Jags. They did just beat the Colts and are coming off a good offensive win vs. the Bills.

**Also Damian Williams looked pretty good.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let me introduce you to Ryan mouton. Jenkins was Dallas' weak link yesterday, but he's far better than that sad excuse of a player Ryan Mouton is.

The O-line saved the day with those blitz pick-ups.

I rave about Tulloch all the time, but when your MLB is short and stocky, the middle becomes vulnerable to intermediate routes.

I expect to see yesterdays offense the remainder of the year.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

For Tulloch being short and stocky you have got to give him credit. He had good coverage against MILES AUSTIN when he was left 1 on 1. Sure he did give up the first, but that could of been a huge gain. Tulloch can jump as well, I remember multiple times him jumping up and forcing Romo to lob the ball up and over.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Mariani is going to be a good one for sure. I would like to see him in the WR role also.

That penalty against the Cowboys in the end zone was a joke

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm pretty much in total agreement with TJ. But since when is a one TD nail-biter of a victory considered a beatdown? :D

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No the penalty was spot on, the rule however is a joke. Not fair to fault the officials when they're only doing the bidding of the league office.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Griffin looked horrible on that last Witten TD. He could easily have stopped him short, instead he had a 2009-flashback.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No the rule is very specific, no group celebrations and having another player spike the ball is considered a group celebration.

When he handed the ball to colombo the first thought i had was that you can't do that any longer.

Personally i would change that part of the rule for next year. I remember the 85 bears when Fridge Perry would score and give it to Payton to spike it. That was fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar