Golf has stupid rules

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Golf is nowhere NEAR on the level of Tennis. Tennis requires coordination, reflexes, instinct, athletic ability, etc. If you play competitive Tennis, you're going to actually SWEAT... In high school, I thought Tennis was the most 'active' sport I played aside from soccer. Constant stop and go, stop and go.

Baseball is a boring sport, but still an actual sport. You have an opponent that uses their athletic ability to stop your athletic ability. Being able to throw 90mph balls for 5 innings, the hand-eye coordination to hit balls, and then... there's actual running. It may be sparse, but beating out a throw to first base takes energy- running, diving to make a catch, etc... all is athletic. Many NFL players could have played MLB. And vice-versa. I doubt a single golfer could have ever played either of those 2 sports.

I'd compare golf to Curling, shot put, bowling, and Javelin. Lots of lounging, and very little actual playing.

Though I still say- I really have issues with any sport where you can do better while drunk or old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar