Going on Record and saying...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

I have always supported Vince and have been patient with him. I thought he played decent in the first game other than the first INT. The second was a play that a DE usually doesn't make so I give Harvey alot of credit on that one. But thats what really bothered me about Youngs demeanor....he was playing ok and the team was winning. I don't think he faked the knee injury but I think maybe it could be a blessing in disguise to take a step back for a few weeks and make up his mind if he wants to lead the team or not. I feel like most people and teammates want him to be the leader....he just has to step up and he hasn't done it yet.

I've always been against Collins but I'm actually excited to see him start Sunday. I think the Titans are too good right now to keep trying to develop Vince at the risk of losing games. Collins should be able manage the game and make smart decisions. It will be a good indicator of if the passing troubles are WR or QB based.

Good luck to VY because I still want him to be the franchise QB but from the sound of it he may have bigger fish to fry.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

How about you shut up or take issue with my comment not whether I have the right to make it. Not everyone has the luxury of a dvr and I've been too busy with other things than to look at the repulsive sight of Young. If I were to look at the tape I'd focus on watching the defense because they won the game. I was at the game brother. I didn't have the benefit of 10,000 replays and expert commentary. People in the stands were chanting for Collins. There was blood in the water. Also, save me this hammy talk. I know how that can be manipulated. Now Laserjock, I know me some Laserjock. He makes a mean pork bbq and is always free with the adult beverage. He's an analytical mind and I respect his opinion. If he says it was legit I'll take his word for it... but right now with the way Young has been acting his distracted mind likely contributed to the whole incident. In any case it's a good thing Collins is getting the nod for it is clear to me that Young is unfit at this time regardless of injury.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I wish there was a track record of our predictions. It would almost be like betting, except it's "GoTitans Points" we would be wagering. So, someone who really does think Vince will be successful in the NFL can put his "GoTitans Points" up on the market and find takers. One great one would be the Titans record. Before the season I said 7-9 (luckily not looking accurate), but that was assuming Vince played the entire year :) Just something to think about...

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

VY is going to start for this team weather he is the best, or worst QB in the league. Maybe he won't be great, but I certainly think he can be GOOD Enough to ride the defense to the superbowl. worse QB's have done it.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I like this idea. It could replace or supplement rep. :tj: can we get this worked out?

6. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

well kerry collins did lead a team to a super bowl so at least your last prediction has a chance

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

or you could just remember and post it when it's relevant. I hope to eat my words one day. I don't want to be right. I want to be wrong to be completely honest. I just see the writing on the wall and it says that Young isn't ever going to be anything special. He's not Steve McNair no matter how many statistical comparisons are made. Steve McNair never said anything about quitting until he was in the twilight of his career, an AFC Champion and a co-mvp. Vince has barely done anything of note. He's had a few big games, he's won some accolades... but in the big scheme of things he's not even in the top 20 of starting quarterbacks and that's the honest truth. He's doing nothing that inspires hope and all I have seen from the guy are a bunch of fizzled drives... Has he even thrown a TD pass? I'm a saturation point where I am fresh out of slack. So, if I am wrong, that's great... but as of right now, search the forum for 2006 draft posts and as it stands I am dead wrong NOW.
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=145711&postcount=2
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=156950&postcount=24
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=157548&postcount=5
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=157746&postcount=7
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=169842&postcount=4

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

BiPolar(Vince?), don't be so down, it was some kind of weird Twilight Zone episode where there was no right answer in 2006. Cutler was doomed because of the Homerism, Leinart because I don't know why and VY because he can't play QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I don't really think that either of the 3 could have succeded here. No matter who the QB is, he still has to throw to J-Mac and Gage. Manning or Brady might be able to succed with them. Might.

Besides, VY the QB isn't bad. His biggest problem is just going to be getting back to the right place mentally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar