Goin to miami next week.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rwysman, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

safer=boring not better.
    Singing country music in a karaoke bar and taking a picture with the stupid Elvis mannequin may be fun for a few but not the majority of people.

I had this conversation with a guy from Kansas and he said the same thing 'kansas is a safe place no crime bla bla bla' you country folks are just to close-minded for big city's.Miami may have BAD people that are A holes like my self but we sure beat the people from Newyork ,jersey or Philly.

Not all miami is bad there is a few places that are good with great people like the keys ect...Also not all Nashville is great you guys have ghettos too.

I do agree the people in Nashville are way more friendlier and nice and thats what I like it.

2. Jessica

Jessica Starter

Yeah but just because someplace is safer doesn't necessarily mean it's boring either, so I don't think it's completely black and white for either argument. There are pros and cons to each area, just like everything else, blahhblahhh...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Have fun being shanked this weekend while you're partying it up.

I'll take having a few beers with some friends over a nice game of pool rather than having to watch my back the whole night.

Miami, and Florida in general, is just a really crappy place. If you like heat, humidity, thunderstorms every day at 5 o'clock in the summer and lots of old people, it's the place for you.

Driving in South Florida was the absolute worst experience of my life.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lemme cover all the bases.

- The beach sucks.. After getting sea lice for the umpteenth time who would go back? I never went when I lived there - just like I don't go to Opry Mills now. Tennessee people that "visit" Florida talk about the beach like it's the greatest thing ever, but unless you are a hardcore beach person you get over it quick.

- Concerts? Miami is a no-no for non-commercial touring acts. 3 days of driving for one gig at the bottom of the state. Bands will tell you they skip Miami on purpose.

- Miami nightclubs cater to the most superficial crowd. You couldn't pay me to go one. The few Nashville clubs I go to have their roots in real stuff, not the latest BS trend.

- Orlando, one of the few towns I like less than Miami...

- The Super Bowl? once every 5 or 6 years - in what has to be the worst stadium in the league. I went in 88 and wouldn't go again if my team wasn't playing.

Miami, the town where 70 year old New Yorkers go to learn to drive for the first time. Kids with guns. Traffic that rivals Atlanta. Blue-Hair season. Houses built on top of each other with dirty sand and weeds for yards.. Yeah that place is a barrel of monkeys..

Again, I lived there and other places around SoFlo for 30 years. I couldn't wait to get the F out.. Nashville is home.

5. costarica2

Dude you sound like Dick chenney Wtf does this *** The few Nashville clubs I go to have their roots in real stuff, not the latest BS trend. *** means anyways.

Wtf you want Disco??LP is one of the worst stadiums in the US and Bands will never skip Miami on purpose because heres where the money is at.

I have never said or never will say that miami is a better then nashville because both have to many pros and cons just like jessica says.

I use to live in Nashville but we had to move since our neighbor was shooting all the deer and squirrels in our backyard and was very racist to us something I know that not all TN people are like maybe if you stop and think it goes the same way not all miami people are jerks its just the majority.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That is actually very true. Most bands stop at Fort Lauderdale, go west to Tampa, then back north.

I'd take Cruds' word on that one, BTW...

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Someone please explain who Dick Cheney is to this poor fella.
    You clearly have no background in non-commercial music. It's an indisputable FACT about certain bands skipping Miami - I hated having to drive to Tampa or sometime all the way to Atlanta to see something I wanted to see when I lived there.
    I won't bother explaining about Nashville and roots, you would never understand. And no I don't want Disco.
    I'd say there's about an equal amount of racists in Florida and TN.. Or anywhere you go ultimately... I never said anyone was a jerk..

Home-town pride is a good thing, so I commend you defending your turf. That said, I absolutely hated that place and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to relocate away from South Florida...

8. costarica2

South Florida racist the one place in the east coast with more latinos gays old black and white people besides new york .
    Go right ahead and thing like a hillbilly from gainsville and defend your lil town.Just because its safer.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You are naive.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Costarica, are you entirely positive you've even stepped foot in Nashville? Sounds to me like you're a phony. I HATE when people say that all this city is good for is country music and honky tonks.

We have one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. Art is around every single corner, whether its the Frist center or the guys that dance for money on the streets. You do know that there is a Nashville beyond Broadway, right?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar