God Jay Cutler sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

My fanhood? I want my team to win a Super Bowl. As much as I enjoy the week to week wins, I ultimately want a ring. And, I KNOW FOR A FACT that Vince can not produce a ring. So, if in the short term, fans are ecstatic about these 170 yard and 1 touchdown performances on 12 completions, then that means there is a chance that the team may keep the guy for future years.

I know that will mean the demise of this franchise. I'm not a hater, I'm one of the few that doesn't take our DEFENSE for granted. I understand that you can't expect top tier defenses year in and year out, so if we can have a top tier QB to go along with the defenses of 2006 and 2007, then we might have AT LEAST 1 PLAYOFF WIN.

But, we don't. And fans continue to GAWK over these horrendous QB performances as if a guy who is clearly a bottom tier QB is the second coming of Jesus.

We are NEARLY IDENTICAL to the Minnesota Vikings. We have one of the best defenses in the league, probably the #1 and #2 running backs...and OFFENSIVE LINES in the game. So, if YOU KNOW that we have the best in all 3 of those categories, then WHY DO WE HAVE 0 PLAYOFF WINS TO SHOW FOR IT?

I'll give you the answer. QUARTERBACK. Collins, nor Young (nor Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels) are QB's capable of beating the Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots in 3 consecutive weekends to even have the opportunity to play for a Super Bowl.

If we had Tarvaris Jackson, Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, and a slew of other QB's I'd be saying the EXACT SAME THING. It does not matter how good CHRIS JOHNSON, OUR DEFENSIVE LINE, OUR OFFENSIVE LINE ARE, the

QUARTERBACK IS THE PLAYER WHO TOUCHES THE BALL THE MOST EVERY GAME. WHICH MEANS HE **MUST** BE A PLAYER WHO MAKES VERY FEW MISTAKES AND GOOD DECISIONS GAME IN AND GAME OUT AGAINST THE BEST DEFENSES IN THE LEAGUE.

If you're sold on Vince Young to be that guy, then you are simply a fan of that player, and NOT A FAN OF THE TENNESSEE TITANS.

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Glad I started Cutler in fantasy this week. Really helped my struggling team start the week off on a strong foot:yes:.

I think Cutler has potential, but I wouldn't want him here. He's overrated in Chicago and is extremely inconsistent. Chicago's running game has all but disappeared, with Forte being used mainly as a receiver. So the Bears have altered their whole gameplan now that they have Cutler, thinking he will just lead them to victory with his arm.

The sad thing is that they still almost won, despite his 5 ints last night. I didn't get to watch the game, but man I feel bad for the Bears D. Probably didn't get much rest then had to work their tales off to try to slow down Gore and Vernon Davis.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Know for a fact eh. Well if thats the case you really need to back that up with the facts.

Man up, you just sound petulant.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I will bet you ANY AMOUNT THAT I HAVE TO BET that Vince Young never wins a Super Bowl. Seriously, anyone Vince lovers interested? PM me for details. My guess is my inbox will hear nothing but crickets because even the Vince loyalists deep down know the truth about their lover boy.

I back my words up with my pocket, will you Gunny?

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Everything about this statement is ridiculous.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Not sure what's more ridiculous, my statement or my empty inbox. Seems the words of many aren't backed up at all with real consequence. I can lose my money like a man, I'm begging you Vince loyalists to come empty me out. You know, since all he does is 'win football games'

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

And before u go blowing your whole bankroll to me I urge you to go look at the current NFL standings, and take a look at how well that team's QB is (or isn't) playing. Said it before and I'll say it again, it's a QB league. It's no coincidence that the Steelers, Colts, Patriots all do as well as they do year in and year out.

How did the Cardinals finally make it to the Super Bowl? They drafted 2 of the best receivers in the game and never even sniffed a ring. They get a former Super Bowl MVP at the QB position and suddenly those guys are that much better.

Last year why did the Colts start 3-4? Their roster was pretty much the same, no massive changes...don't remember the exact details but I know Peyton had some sort of surgery and didn't participate in all of the off-season stuff. After he got his rhythm back...um, they haven't lost a game since last year when we beat them on MNF...despite the injuries to their defense and one of the best defensive players in football in Bob Sanders.

Why were the Saints so bad with Aaron Brooks (3-13 in 2005), and the season they bring in Brees and win the division (10-6 in 2006)?

Why are the Lions and Raiders 2 of the worst franchises of this decade? They've had a revolving door at the QB position. It is the core position for a team in the NFL. You don't hear about dynasties that have 3-4 different QB's over a 5-year span. The Patriots dynasty has had massive changes at just about every position imaginable, EXCEPT QB.

I don't hate Vince Young. If I saw the dude out, i'd probably want to get my picture with him and talk to him about all of his achievements/success. He's on my favorite team so I'm a fan of his. If this team chooses to keep him for the next 10 years, I have no choice but to root for him. As much as I admire his abilities that were so advantageous in college, I know that his skills do not translate into this league. And, I don't want my favorite team to lessen their chances of giving me bragging rights with my NFL buds (most aren't Titans fans), by keeping a guy who is a bottom tier player at the most important position in football on the roster for years to come.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cutler has more really bad games than any starting QB. Very similar career to kerry collins when you think of it.

In his career cutler has 13 games with multiple ints and in those 13 games his team is 2-11. He has a multiple int game every 3 games he starts. Until he can reduce that number by about half he will never be a good QB and will be like kerry has been an over paid, over hyped player. Of course laughing all the way to the bank the whole time.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What odds are you giving? If you can't give odds, never post again that you have money to bet. Your a pretender. Right now the odds are 400 to 1 for a superbowl with VY. Are you game? How much did you lose on the Rose bowl, lol. I don't mind taking your money if your just going to hand it over. I took 40-1 on the Reds/A's sweep and cashed in that year too. I took 60 to 1 on Birdstone and cashed in there. I'll be glad to take your money too. Lost money on Kerry Collins, but VY always pays out. I think Gunny should hold the money. How much you want to go?

10. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

:yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar