GOATitans Dynasty Year 7: Discussion - DRAFT IS LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Clark, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I did dumb risk taking as well last year. I took jimmy Graham and ****ed my whole normal draft procedure.

Dynasty format leaves a lot of different strategies to account for tho so it's not as concrete as a redraft

2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Yeah I'm a little worried about this dynasty draft. Never done one before. I do know I'm not getting stuck with CJ and Ridley again like last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I got stuck with Rice and Ridley in one league last year and I still finished 3rd somehow... Drafted well late in the rounds. I think I wound up with Bernard, Cameron, and Gordon in that one.

4. Clark

I drafted vareen in the mid rounds and he got hurt. He was my sleeper rb3 and he pushed closer to a 2 when he was healthy. Big blow to my team in which I drafted Richardson, the rams version who was a ducking buuuuust

5. RavensShallBurn

So how exactly is this draft gonna work? Where do I go to make my selection on Wednesday?

I'm still confused... I'm pretty sure it says live draft is set for 8/25 too.

Only differences I noticed in the scoring settings... it's set at -1 for a fumble and -1 for a fumble lost. I think we had this discussion last year that it should only be -2 for a fumble lost (no punishment for fumbles if they're recovered). It's set at 1 point per 20 passing yards instead of 25. It's also set at 6 points for a 50 yard FG instead of 5.

No big deal, but I just thought I'd point out the main differences.

6. Clark

The email draft will begin when I set it to it and it will start immediately once I do, thus is why I havnt changed the draft date yet.

And I'm pretty sure you will log on, click the draft tab and have a player selection to choose from. It'll then email all the members your selection and notify the next member that they are on the clock.

I'm a fan of the 20 per passing. The field goal scoring is equal to a TD if it's above 50 which does seem maybe excessive.

The fumble/fumble lost isn't that big of a deal but I'm sure I can change if of it's that big of a deal.

7. RavensShallBurn

Damn... we're gonna be getting a sh*t ton of emails then... as in like 300. lol

I thought maybe at one point somebody said something about transferring the roster to Yahoo or something. Idk.

8. Clark

Yea the initial idea was to move it to yahoo if everyone complained but the control from yahoo to FleaFlicker is a huge loss. Being able to change **** from yahoo was a mess every time I tried to run a mock league from it.

And yes. Emails. But I'll take that over having to schedule a live draft in which people sleep thru

You really gotta give this thing a chance

9. RavensShallBurn

Yea I'll be fine... just curious. One last question (for now)...

How does that $300 waiver budget work? Not familiar with that.

10. Clark

Basically auction style waiver. But you have only 300 for the year. Keeps people from going ham on dropping and picking players up and allows everyone a chance at someone who maybe is having a breakout season. Blind bidding system. Highest bidder gets the player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar