GM Mock Draft Commentary thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was torn between thomas and manningham. i went with manningham because he has a larger body of work.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm not thrilled with Manningham, but it could be worse (Chris Johnson or James Hardy for example).

My board would have us take Thomas, Jonathon Stewart, Groves or Merling in that situation, ahead of Manningham.

But it's always easier to second guess.......:))

3. Fry

here's the thing with jon stewart. the first thing i thought of when i heard he was having surgery on his big toe was eddie george.

i was one of stewart's biggest supporters about a month ago, but since the news of his injury/surgery, im really afraid of him.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

None of us are doctors, so we can't know what will become of the toe. What a stupid rhyme that was :ha: If it looks like something he can fully recover from, then it's either him or Groves for me there (forgot Groves was still there).

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Groves recently dropped 10 lbs, so he's either been really sick or he's preparing himself to be an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Love the Manningham pick, by the way.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Groves is losing weight not gaining weight for a small DE not a good sign he's looking to bulk up to play a 4-3 DE.

What would be so bad about getting Hardy, Carpy?

7. Carpy

It was reported that he lost the wight after getting the flu from his wife.

To me, Hardy is Matt Jones part deux. A first round pick should be good for more than the occasional jump ball in the endzone. I know he was productive in college, but I'm not convinced he can get the separation from NFL DBs to allow him to be effective in the NFL consistently.

8. Carpy

Looks like rolltide is a no-show again, so I'll re-assign his teams (Bills and 49ers).

First to pm me gets them (1 team at a time).

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Is this just a one round mock? Shouldn't be. We're Titans fans, not ******s!!!! We can go all 7!!! :grrr:

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

10. Fry

i think this is the fastest we got done with the first round, not bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar