GM Mike Reinfeldt: Rusty Smith is not starter material.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what i'm getting here then is that some posters think it would be great coaching if Munchack just went around speaking bluntly about players?

Is that what good coaches do on a regular basis?

Mr. Munchack what are your feelings about Mcgrath? Bloody sucks!

What about Senderrick Marks? Fatass lazy mofo!

Is that the way Sean Payton(designated as the ultimate modern coach by some on this board) talks about his players?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We'll see what a straight shooter Munchak is if Jake Locker struggles the next 2 seasons. If that happens you will get ear fulls of BS and coddling.

And what in the hell was wrong with Stalin? Great man!

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion as well.
    But you might as well be consistent here. I gave examples of situations where players were drafted because other people in the organization recommended the picks. I know that flew over your head but it goes contrary to what you are saying about Fisher and MR or anyone else working FOR Fisher. Fisher had a decent amount of clout as any coach that has been around as long as he has been but you are still making things up as you go to fit some theory. Yes I believe Fisher and MR had a pretty "normal" relationship and they probably had a better working relationship than many other coaches/GMs and certainly better than Fisher and Reese. Just making this crap up that MR worked for Fisher (MR is still here, where is Fisher).

Bottom line it is totally fabricated that Fisher was some kind of dictator that made MR or anyone else accept his opinion over his but rather (not sure how many examples I have to give here) allowed decision making from all parties involved. I'm also not sure Munch doesn't have as much ability to "veto" decisions he is in disagreement with although I doubt these guys, being professionals, don't have a way to work out their differences. You say like it is in stone that Fisher and MR didn't have a normal GM/coach relationship. I might agree on that. They might have had a MORE collaborative relationship than most GMs / coaches have. To think anything else is just fantasy. The facts speak otherwise.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jeff Fisher is Hitlers nephew.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You honestly think Mike Reinfeldt had the power to fire Jeff Fisher? Seriously?

Once again RT you are going off a crazy tangent that has very little to do with what was actually said. You turned "it's nice to be in the loop for a change" into "Munch should go around saying players suck and are lazy!!!" :rolleyes:

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Remember when Reese was ousted and we actually wanted a GM that would work with coaches? That would work with Fisher? So that he could build his team?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Reese was a fool.

"Hey let's pay everybody later, then when later comes, we'll just cut them all".

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hindsight is 20/20, if we would have won back to back Superbowl's, then Reese would be seen as a genius. We had all the pieces, but unfortunately fell short. With all our superstars aging, our window was closing, so we had to "bet our all chips" at one final run.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not a fool. That's what Bud Adams told him to do. Make a run for the Superbowl, damn what it costs. If Bud Adams had told him to do that one year later, many of the players we lost to the cap could have been kept. The expanding cap certainly helped the Colts out.

The point is, it seemed to get to the point where Reese was drafting the square pegs and Fisher was trying to fit them in the round holes. Bud Adams in the mix too. Vince Young? From the beginning, Reinfeldt put an emphasis working with the coaches to acquire talent to fit their scheme. That's what we wanted too. Shouldn't surprise anyone that Fisher got his way on some draft picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar