GM for a day (draft day)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bayou Titan, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan west

titan west Guest

Titans dream senario would be to trade our 1st pick and Volek to the NY Jets and a player to be named later, maybe Calico or ? For their 1st pick which we use to select Leinart. For the second a top LB prospect would be nice. The team probably could get along with Mauck as back up to Leinart.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

first of all why would we trade our pick, Volek and another player to move up potentially one or two spots?

secondly, McNair or another vet will be with the Titans next year, we won't start a rookie.

thirdly, the Titans may have Cutler rated higher then Leinart.

finally the Jets wouldnt want a 30 year old QB when they could get their future in this draft with Leinart or Cutler.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They'd get Volek, who can play while they see if Chad is going to be able to return again -- if they draft Leinhart, Chad is done. Possible if Edwards is gone, less likely if he stays. They'd get our first draft pick, so they could still get an impact player, plus someone else, someone with potential who is not working out too well for us. We'd unload a little on the cap and get the player we want.

4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Last year we took 3 OL. Year before 3 DE, this year we take 3 QBS.:ha:

5. titan west

titan west Guest

1st the Jets would get a proven winner in the Dinger system, and at a good price. The Jets could use their 2nd or 3rd on a developmental qb and get what they really need but still win. Chad has 1 start in the system and you really think hes better than Volek? They would only drop 4 spots or so. and if you take an honest look at the Jets, qb is where they strugggled.

C'mon man tell me that during Mcnairs first years you couldn't see his indecisiveness not until Dingers 3rd year did you see his progression and before that in Steckels system it was EG rt, EG lt, EG up the middle and a toss to the te. Then the MusicCityMiracle. Thats the Titans. and tell me now that its any different, don't get me wrong I bleed blue and have tattoo to boot.

The only way I'm happy is if we draft Leinart and a stud lb and if we don't do this I'll still make the trip to Tenn twice per year and 1 road trip to west.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

Vince Young if he comes out but if not A.J MUTHAEFFIN HAWK!!

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They've just done the coin toss for the Fiesta Bowl and I'm about ready to take AJ Hawk with the #3 pick.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

don't forget we took 3 WR's
    this year we might take 3 safeties and / or LB's

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Finally saw Hawk made a good play, blowing up a 2nd and 2. Then he sacked the QB. That's after he got driven back downfield on a previous play.

The showed the girlfriend/sister again. She's wearing a split ND/OState Jersey, and looked apathetic when her beau sacked her bro. Probably not the best play to cheer on anyway.

10. smili

smili Starter

Good QB are so important to a team's success. Yeah, you can have an OK QB and get by - sometimes even win superbowls - but we want an above average QB if we can get him. When Steve was clicking he could win games for us through sheer will. We want a QB with that kind of gamechanging potential.

In an interview on TV yesterday McNair said he felt he had a couple more years left in him. I think he started to say a "few" but stopped and said a "couple" instead. If he's that close I think getting the next QB in here asap is crucial. That's assuming he reworks his deal to stay a Titan for 2 more years. If not, we go with Billy. Either way I'm thinking bringing new QB in is moving up in priority if franchise QB is available.

We've got so many holes though, I couldn't argue with pick of best avail Def in first round or even taking OT if he's the real deal. I'm always in favor of trading down for more picks in quality 1-4 rnds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar