Glad there is not Mac Hating

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWycheck, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

:))
    Well...not really, but Manning DID play pretty badly.

But Manning's teammates played better than McNair's. Steve played poorly, but he didn't have a lot of help against the swarming blue midgets.

And yeah, how do ya hate on someone who gave so much and fought so hard for you ESPECIALLY after he was shown the door and didn't choose to leave?

That's kinda sad.

2. He did choose to leave. Bud didn't let him go, just locked him out until he agreed to play for a lot less. McNair choose the path to more money with the ratbirds.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The whole Mac deal is a he-said/she-said ordeal, and really I don't care. It was evident to fans of this franchise, both new and old, that Mac doesn't have it anymore. Sure, Mac did get the Ravens a good season record, but the play-offs is where it counts and when your defense forces another offense to kick Five field goals, you better take advantage of your opportunities. Getting intercepted at the 1 yard line shows, along with the numerous other gaffs he had, how he's at the end. There were numerous times he could've scrambled wide to buy time and complete a pass. I saw him do that once against the colts defense. Really...how do you make the colts defense look that good? Thats pathetic considering the weapons they have on offense at Mac's disposal. I bet you Billick is hating that trade at this very moment.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If MacNair had been playing for Seattle or Miami or some other team, I would be rooting for him. But I will not root for the Raven no matter who plays for them.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Ravens got what they paid for. I still want #9 on the bench as a backup here.

6. Being in Tennessee with VY might be an exception, but I'm not sure he'd choose being a backup over retirement...

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I don't think his pride would let him do it and, more importantly, I don't think he would be good for Young. I think Young needs at least one more year of Chow's influence.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't hate McNair. When I was younger I was the hugest fan of him. When he left I was very upset. I have moved on though. I don't want to see him win because he had a choice to stay here. But he took the option of more money to go to the team the titans hate very much. Eddie George probaly hated them the most of the titans. So I got over it.

9. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

McNair stunk up the field against the Clots. Those are the facts. The otheer fact is that he is not a Tennessee Titan. He dumped on the team that I and others root for and hold seasons tickets to see.

I don't see anyone crying for Lorenzo Neal, Jon Runyon, Randal Godfrey, Justin McCareins, Billy Volek or any other former Titans who lost. Why should we sit around and boo hoo a guy who turned his back on this team that some of us root for, just because some folks pointed out reality?

Excuse me if I do not join your pity party.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I still have a bad feeling when I think of Runyun leaving, Eddie was never the same after he left. As far as "he who shall be nameless" he made his choice, took the money and let his ego get the better of himself. And oh yeah, he still throws the ugliest deep ball ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar