Givens to wear #89

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, Wychek isn't an all-time great. More of a solid player who was really loyal to the franchise and is well liked here.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Funny...

You can replace wycheck with mcnair in that sentence and what do they do?

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, I didn't like what they did either...:sad2:

4. I can agree with RollTide on the fact that Bruce Mathews is one of the only players in Titan/Oiler history to deserve a number retiring.

Frankly I don't care.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not saying whether or not #89 or #27 should be retired. But I do think it shows respect to not throw someone in that jersey too soon. In the case of Givens, there wasn't an option.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bruuuuuuuuuce...

Bruce matthews, 14 straight pro bowls. 14 straight pro bowls!

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sure there was. WRs are allowed to wear numbers in the teens now, but what are we going to tell him? "no, you can't have 89."

"why not, has it been issued?"

"nope."

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Meaning, if he wanted a number in the 80's, that was the only option.

9. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

i mean i play football, and numbers may seem like not a big deal but sometiems ppl want numbers for pride, and it makes u feel good to put on some numbers, idk i think 89 is getting popular, and it may look nice on him......mabey when wycheck makes it to the HOF then retire it, same with eddie

10. I don't think Eddie will be in the Hall of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar