Givens article and other info

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed...but...

It's hard to judge how much or how little a FA is getting when we only here the big numbers. Stallworth won't even see HALF the money he's supposed to AVERAGE per year let alone half the money in his total contract. So was he cheap or was he expensive. If you go by his total contract...he's expensive. If you have a good idea he won't be around for a $6mil roster bonus...he's CHEAP!

Look at Clements. Everyone assumes the Niners grossly overpaid for him (so much that Asante Samuel is throwing a fit he's not getting similar numbers offered) because we know what the BIG numbers are. But how is the contract structured? If we knew that, we could guess what the REAL cost will be and whether or not we should have tried to match.

I was happy to get a vet WR, but I don't like overpaying solid players...but again...how can I know what overpaid is until I see the contract structure? I can guess...but not too accurately.

But from what we know now...that he'd count $5.7mil against the cap with a $2mil roster bonus....that seems a bit high even if he wasn't injured (though I might be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt) if it meant the contract was front loaded so he'd be cheaper in successive seasons.

However, again, we don't know what the other years in his contract look like. But I'm guessing it's not front loaded because 5.7mil is not high enough above his yearly avg to do much good in future cap years.

Gut

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Givens to miss much of 07 season

putting the final touches onto the plan, great, just what we need!

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

What? Are you saying this wasn't expected? Come on, we've known this since the day he clutched his knee.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Could this lead to good news?
    Maybe this means coach Fisher will now be a little more enthusiastic about bringing in Keyshawn.

As much as i dislike his attitude, i guess we really do need him.

Keyshawn is like cough syrup.. he tastes nasty, but you can't argue with his results.

or like a nice faurt.. it smells bad to everyone else but yourself..:banned:

[​IMG]

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

a nice fart smells good? dear god!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Priceless!

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

No it doesn't smell good BUT you can tolerate it more then the people around you.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He'll never see the field again..

along with a broken femur, of which a portion had to be removed.
    ------------------------------------------

The femur is the largest bone in the body and you kind of need that. I know because i broke my left femur. No way this guy ever plays again in any league..

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Apparently the Pats did :irked:

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

BTW- no effin way Givens ever plays again with micrografting on the distal end of his femur AND a reconstructed ACL. It's like sewing cob-webs to moon-beams. It aint gonna hold chit.

Beam him down Scotty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar