Give us Timmy Jernigan at 11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by rodgev, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Pair that monster with Casey and you have two DTs that will require double teams. We all know that a GREAT defense needs to be able to get a push up the middle. image.jpg

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Two things with him; quickness off the snap and arm length. Watch him down after down and you'll see he is always the last one off the ball. And at 6'1", I think arm length could be an issue.

I like his motor, strength, leadership, violent hands and athleticism, but he has some question marks.

I don't know why he's so slow off the ball. He was recruited as a 4-3 end and is so athletic for a guy his size. Maybe it's scheme. Maybe it's just slow reaction.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im going to assume you know this guy well being an FSU player and all.

I like his motor too, which if paired with Casey could make a formidable duo inside. When you have two guys moving all over the place its chaotic and causes issues for offenses. He looks plenty strong enough to overcome having short arms.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just dont like taking juniors in the 1st, I really like being able to see the top seniors play in Mobile, gives you a good idea how they'll stack up in the pros.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Well assuming we are transitioning to a 3-4 he would play DE. I'd rather take Hageman if we are looking at 3-4 DE.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What Fry said. Does not have the reach to be effective at DE.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He does have very good hand usage, which could help. He plays with natural leverage because of his height. He's more squatty than anything. I think he could put on 20 lbs and be an effective NT since he isn't especially quick off the ball anyway.

I think he's scheme versatile. He played all over the place at FSU. This past season he played over the center(a lot against Auburn), over the guard and the inside shoulder of the guard.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good analysis by Fry. I just see him more as a 4-3 under tackle type and you don't take a guy like that 11th. Cox seemed to make the transition to a 3-4 end pretty good at Philly a similar type prospect and Sheldon Richardson did well in that hybrid scheme that the Jets use but you have 2 beast like guys, Albert Haynesworth type guys in Hageman and Tuitt to choose instead. Both those guys are 6'6 with explosive speed and quickness.

Tyson Jackson comes to mind but it is hard to tell.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hageman measured 6'6 318 at the senior bowl.

Jernigan is 6'2 298.

Their timed speed is expected to be similar. Jernigan uses his hands better and plays with a better base for obvious reasons but the bigger objective here is to get another pass rusher inside.

See if you notice a trend here.

The data is from nfl draft scout...

Richard Seymour 6'6 299

Albert Haynesworth 6'6 320

Kevin Williams 6'5 304

Marcus Stroud 6'6 321

JJ Watt 6'5 290

John Henderson 6'7 306

Who in this draft looks like that?

4-3 Defensive ends you see some the same thing, Justin tuck 6'5, JPP 6'5, Jared Allen 6'6.

Height doesn't matter as much for 3-4 OLB.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Not only is hageman a monster of a man, but his game tape backs up his hype in a big way. Dude will be great. I'm glad there's a guy like this waiting in the weeds for if we miss on Mack and barr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar