Ginn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

"Drew Bennett could be on his way out of Tennessee (Billy Volek, where are you?), leaving a hole at the number one wide receiver spot. A dynamic multi-purpose target for Vince Young over the next decade, Ginn can be the do-everything guy the Titans offense sorely needs. Have Ginn returning kicks and Pacman Jones returning punts, and you instantly have one of the most explosive special teams units in the NFL. Oh, and Ginn also wants to play DB in the pros. He was an All-American defensive back in high school. Talk about a triple threat."
    -From FOX sports NFL Mock Draft

So Ginn is interested in playing DB? That makes him a whole lot more interesting to us. Still sign a CB in FA, but why not draft Ginn. He will at least be a good receiver, can return kick-offs, and play DB (with his speed he could turn out pretty decent).

What do you guys think?
    I'm not saying this is our guy def. pick him; I just think this makes him look better to us.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would actually be much more interested in taking him as a CB as a WR, but it also makes him more of a risk.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

This isn't HS, if we put a guy out there to play three ways, he's not gonna last long

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It sounds good but I'm not sure he's ready to start straight away as a WR. We need someone who's ready now.

Woolfolk was our last deveopment CB project & unfortunately it didn't work out very well. Ginn's certainly an intriguing prospect though.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Well everyone knows how i feel about Ginn. :)

6. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

my big question: is he still going to be available by the time we're on the clock?

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Eek.. Does anyone get shivers when you think about a DB/WR????

I can't help but see some parallels between him and Woolfolk.

8. wg53

wg53 Starter

Draft Ginn? Stop that insanity now. No way should we spend a first rounder on a 3rd round talent. HELL NO TO GINN. He is a glorified KR/PR guy. He is not worth a first period end of discussion.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

well. we took an overglorified 6'5 runningback that played quarterback, and so far it's panned out well.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

you know what. you guys have problems. Not all of you but some of you who think Ginn isent good enough to play. No one wants to give him a chance here. Thats bs. Maybe thats why our team has never had a freakin playmaker. If we pass up on Ginn im going to be po'd. Dont even bother quoting me and saying oh he cant catch blah blah blah thats stupid. Why does he even play receiever then if he cant effing catch. Catching is something everyone can work with. You can get better. Jesus. We took Vince Young last season and everyone thought that he would be a bust but was he? NO. We never ever ever ever taker playmakers in the draft. Are best reciever was Derrick Mason. Bennett is not a number 1 we have no number 1 reciever on our roster. Ted Ginn is going to be that guy unless we get Stallowrth. Give the guy a break. Hes small? so what. Mason was small. Steve Smith is small. Look at him. Youguys always say Ginn cant catch thats your biggest excuse about him. Hes probably the fastest player in the 07 draft class and you know it. Hes going to run a 4.3 and thats all there is to it.

Ted Ginn is the best reciever in the draft. Other then Calvin Johnson and there aint no way in heck are we going to get that dude anyways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar