Ginn Jr. VS Jamal Anderson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 19, 2007.

?
  1. Ginn Jr's explosivness helps Vince get to that next level!

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Anderson's motor leads a defensive revival!

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  3. To hell we these guys! We need...

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Almost every mock I've seen recently has us passing on Anderson to take Ginn Jr.. Both positions are huge needs and both players are excellent talents. Who do you think will help the team most in the long run? Remember that when Pac gets back Ginn Jr.'s return abilities will lose some importance. Young did lose all his weapons though.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Trade em all for CJ!

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

WR is a much deeper position in this year's draft, and I don't think Ginn has first round abilities as a WR (his aditional returning skills put him in the first) but as you said, once Pac is back we wouldn't use him much there anyway. I'd much rather take Anderson and have a solid force opposite KVB

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

1 vote for Ginn JR!

Wonder who that was from

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Anderson over any WR except maybe Bowe.

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

robert f'in meachem

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Considering Ginn will probably never be a #1 WR in the NFL I would not take him over Anderson. Not saying Ginn could not be a valuable addition to someones team but if we are going to use a #1 pick on a WR I would rather go for the guy I think has the best chance of being the next Mason or better.
    We need a guy who can catch passes for 1st downs and occasionally give us the big play.

We have so many holes to fill we simply don't have the luxury of picking a guy who would more than likley contribute mostly on special teams and play some slot WR. IMO it is a fantasy to think Ginn will be a solid #1 or #2 WR at this point. Any team taking Ginn with the idea they will be getting a guy who is going to get them 80 catches a year and 1200 yards is in fantasy land IMHO.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Anderson with KVB would be great.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Anderson easy he's a stud.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Between the two...if Anderson is gone, I'd take Ginn. The reason being that his return abilities will look too tempting for us with Pac being gone and the fact we can use him on screens and reverses gives Chow a little more creative ability with the offensive scheme. As for the raw part of his game, I think Graves can mold him into a better reciever ala Steve Smith. However, if Anderson is at our spot or even two or three spots above us we need to grab him. Why he is falling is beyond me, but if he does fall...boy we are getting the steal of the draft. In the end it's funny we have a poll on two guys who could potentially be at our spot that both our coaches at their respective positions are crazy about coaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar