Gil Brandt would be “shocked” if Cam Newton isn’t taken first overall

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Daves not here, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Thank god ... now we don't have to even bother debating taking this bust now

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

:brow:

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Since you can see the future, right? :)

I'm not a huge fan of Newton but he is talented, if he doesn't have VY's drama queen syndrome he could do really well in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Good. This will push the defensive talent one spot closer to us.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As I've said before, I personally have mixed feeling about taking Cam Newton. But that doesn't cloud the fact that the guy is athletically talented. He could be a legend, or he could be a bust, all I know is that with as high a pick as number eight, I don't want to take the chance. A top 10 pick needs to be great, no questions. That's not to say I'd be upset with us drafting Newton, but as a fan, I can't stand to see our team take another step backwards. We just said no to Vince Young, and even though they're two different people, drafting Newton doesn't seem to fit after that.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Sucks. Now our coaching staff will panic and take Blaine.

Newton>Gabbert if we go QB round 1

7. Fry

Cam Newton has all the tools but none of the skills. You're taking a guy in the top-eight who you're going to have to teach how to play the position.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Makes zero sense

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Sure it does. He has a strong arm, great athleticism and great size. Those would be the tools.

The skills he doesn't have are reading defenses(something he never had to do), his footwork(something he never worried about), taking snaps from under center(something he never did), and transitioning from a gimmick offense to a professional offense.

Make sense now that I explained it to you instead of having to think for yourself?

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

1.) Can be learned, and yes he's done it, but not to the extent you'd like
    2.) Another promising thing to be learned which will only help him
    3.) PROBLEM
    4.) He was asked to do something and did it well. Our current coaching philosophy is "do what you do well, and do it". He won't be asked to do too much.

The more I contemplate Cam in Tennessee, the more I like it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar