Giants and Titans Mirror Images of One Another

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The two teams with the best argument for 'best in the league' lost this week to division rivals they both should have easily beaten.
    The Giants and Titans have had similarities all year; Strong running game, great defense, and a quarterback that should merely focus on managing the game.
    Not the case this week. Both the Giants and Titans strayed from their season-long game plan. Instead of running the ball down the throats of the opposing teams, their running backs combined for a total of 38 carries (21 for Tennessee and 17 for New York), both averaging 4.2 yards per carry.
    Meanwhile the Giants were 18/35 passing and Titans were 15/33. Eli Manning threw 2 interceptions and Kerry Collins threw 1.
    Both teams were out-rushed by their opponents, and out-passed by them as well. Not too common for either team, especially when both are running effectively- just choosing not to.

The Giants have now fallen to 11-3 while the Titans fall to 12-2. Both teams have home games this week to tough opponents, Pittsburgh and Carolina. If both teams win this week, they should lock up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs- thanks to a strong start to the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

12 - 2

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"we're 12-2 with kerry as a our quarterback"

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

"we're 12-2 with J. Mac as one of our starting WR's"

5. Deuce Wayne

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

In NYG's defense, Brandon Jacobs was out of the lineup, and the Giants were underdogs in the game. The Titans were just field goal favorites, so neither are considerable upsets. I, for one, am glad We are experiencing some resistance because we've been playing inconsistently for the past month and have squeeked out our fair share of close wins.

I believe this defense will get healthy, and back into the right mindset for the 2nd weekend in January, and hopefully the O can reach 17 points per game. I believe that will be enough to win any playoff game if our defense is clicking.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah, it's pretty crazy 1vs.2 playing in NFC and AFC on the next to last Sunday of the regular season.

Gloat, you said a few weeks ago no team in the NFC South had a Superbowl chance. Changed your mind yet?

I know you like Deangelo Williams. I'm a fan as well. I think they could beat the Giants -Brandon Jacobs & Burress. I think they've got a legit shot, and aren't too far removed from a Superbowl appearance.

8. Deuce Wayne

It's possible, but I still don't see them as a Super Bowl threat. The Panthers defense is as soft as charmin.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one is a superbowl threat to Gloat.

It's much easier to argue against everyone than for someone.

10. Deuce Wayne

Well, that was random!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar