Giant Haynesworth deal will have ripple effect

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Why not give him long term contract similar to the one he signed last year? Offer him somewhere around 9-10 mill with big time incentive clauses for percentage of snaps played, pro bowl, playoff berth, etc. I think if us and his agent could come to some sort of terms like that it would be our best bet because it would make him have to play hard, eliminating the question mark of whether he'll drop off in performance after he gets a big contract

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

You guys don't have the cap space to sign him and he'd never sign a long term deal for 9mil/yr. And at 12mil per season, you're looking at at least 9mil cap hit your first season most likely. You don't have it.

Of course, if I were Peyton I'd redo my contract to free up the space for two reasons. AH would be awesome for the Colts...think of how taking him off the Titans and adding him to the Colts would do for the Colts chances in the division. Secondly, it'd go a LONG way towards knocking off the Steelers or Pats in the playoffs. Can you imagine that DL? Freeney, AH, Mathis...

OUCH!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar