Getting spammed to download app

Discussion in 'Newbie Central' started by Alzarius, May 14, 2015.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm finding this problem hits even high profile sites. Here's what I found:

If you’d rather not see these ads at all, there are a handful of ad-blocking apps that prevent popups on mobile, just like they do on the Web: Adblock Plus for Android, and Weblock and Adblock for iOS.

I need ad revenue to cover server costs but would prefer those who use goTitans manually do this over not using the site at all.
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Just find a hacker for hire to just do nothing but investigate this and find out where it's coming from. Then post that info on here for us to... "take care of it"
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Actually, I do wonder how random it is...

If I get hit with it, when and what am I clicking on when it happens. Is someone else encountering it at the same time? Even selecting the same thread.

Maybe it is "more targeted" than assumed...
  4. Doc

Doc Starter

My iPhone
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Ironically... it's invasive ads like this that cause users to utilize ad-blocking software. THAT eats into ad revenue for companies wanting to advertise in the first place...

Ad companies should be spearheading attempts to stop these basterds. Eating into their potential revenue.
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Badder den dem

When I got it on two different phones at the same time it was when I clicked on one specific thread. Wish I could remember what it was.
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Thinking it is more directed than assumed... some code that's moving the spam from one link to the next, difficult to track it down.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

BTW Jeff, good call on this ad

Ad.png
  9. The Hammer

Issue seems to have gone away. I have not had this happen in weeks
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Same... now that I posted here, ready for it to happen soon.